29

Emma and Regina returned home the day after Boxing Day. The blonde woman has been spending the few days at Regina's house. The brunette refused to let her spend the time alone. Today was New Year's Eve. Regina was cooking dinner and Emma was sat at the island watching her.

"Are you sure I can't help" the blonde asked for the seventh time.

"No seriously. You just stay seated. I like cooking anyway" Regina replied over her shoulder while turning the oven on. She pushed a tray with lasagna in and closed the door. Spinning on her heels to face the girl watching her. "Enjoying the view" she asked raising an eyebrow.

"Very much" the blonde smirked as she ran her eyes all over the brunettes hourglass figure.

"Perv" Regina laughed as she put her oven glove down and walked around the island.

"Coming. From the 23 year old who just fucked an 18 year old" Emma smirked as she stood up in front of the woman.

"Touché" Regina replied with a chuckle. Emma slipped her hands onto Regina's body and pulled it close. "Not in my kitchen!" Regina scolds as she slapped the blondes hands away.

"Fine" Emma said as she linked her hands under Regina's ass.

"Emma!" the brunette called out in shock as she felt her feet leave the ground. Emma carried her out the kitchen and to the lounge. She led Regina on the sofa who couldn't help but laugh. "Your a child"

"Yeah but you love it" Emma said as she leaned down on top of Regina. This is the moment the brunette realised she had more than just feelings for the blonde woman. It scared her. She looked down which confused Emma. "What is it"

"What? Nothing. We can't do this now. I'm cooking" Regina said as she sat up causing Emma to as well.

Before another word could be said Regina stood up. She was about to walk but Emma grabbed her hand. She stood up and pulled the brunette close to her. Not to kiss her but to hug her. Regina smiled and hugged her back.

"I think after dinner we need to talk" Emma whispered as she pulled away.

"About" Regina asked forgetting about what happened on the sofa.

"You'll see" Emma replied walking towards the door.

Regina shrugged it off and followed behind. They went to the kitchen and sat at the island. Regina drinking her scotch and Emma drinking her beer.

"I have a game we should play before dinner" the brunette suggests as she placed her drink down.

"What" Emma curiously asked with a smirk.

"We don't actually know a huge amount about each other. We take it in turned saying something the other doesn't know. The rule is no reacting or commenting on what the other said. Got it" Regina explained knowing she wants to get to know Emma better.

"Yeah. You first though" the blonde replied really not wanting to be first.

"Fine. Umm... I lost my virginity to josh when I was 15" Regina admits to start the game off.

"My parents don't know in a lesbian" Emma said knowing this is her chance to be honest.

"I use to be an alcoholic for a few years" Regina said causing a shocked look on Emma. "No questions" the brunette quickly said knowing Emma was going to.

"Fine. Your the first girl I had sex with" the blonde sighed as she played by the rules of the game.

"What?!" Regina asked in pure shock she almost chocked on her air.

"No questions" Emma quickly said knowing she really didn't want to say anything about it.

"I gotta. I'm sorry. How? That night you were amazing" Regina asked still so shocked at this point.

"I learnt from the guys who done it to me. Now no questions" Emma shameful admits quickly.

"Sorry. Ok. I broke my wrist punching josh round the face" Regina said as she continued the game.

"You asked. Now I'm gonna. Why" Emma quickly questioned.

"He tried to hit me so hit his hand out the way before I punched him and broke his nose. Breaking my wrist in the process" the brunette sighed as she rolled her eyes at the memory. "No more questions. Go"

"My biggest fear is turning out like my parents"

"Same" Regina replied with a chuckle that caused one from Emma.

"I've never loved someone before" the blonde admits before taking three large gulps of her beer. Regina raised an eyebrow at her so she sighed. "Is it that obvious I'm ashamed of that" Emma asked knowing what that look meant.

"Yes. Don't be ashamed Emma. Your allowed to have not loved someone before" Regina softly said as she rubbed Emma's arm. The blonde looked up and waited for Regina's confession. "I'm afraid of love after how it was with josh"

"Shit" Emma said looking down annoyed at herself.

"What" Regina asked worried a little now.

"I can't say my next one" the blonde replied before downing the rest of her beer.

"What? Why? Em" Regina asked still so confused and worried what has gotten into her.

"Because my confession is I love you" Emma blurts out accidentally.

The size of the brown eyes doubled. Maybe more. Her mouth dropped so far the hinges nearly broke off. Her body froze. She had no idea what to do or say. The sound of the oven pinged. Both heads looked round at it. Regina then looked back at Emma still utterly shocked.

"Huh" she questioned looking half shocked half confused.