6

Another week passed. It's Friday and Emma never turned up to any of the sessions that week which frustrated Regina. During the English class the blonde just leaves straight away before Regina can say anything. Today was the last day she'd wait. If Emma didn't arrive before 5:15 Regina would leave and call the deal off completely. She was typing on her laptop when her door slowly opened. Her head snapped up and she saw Emma stood there awkwardly.

"Hi" the blonde softly said as she closed the door.

Before Regina spoke she noticed Emma. She saw she was wearing black sunglasses and a hoodie with the hood up. Her lip was cut and starting to scab over. One cheek slightly darker than the other as if a bruise was there. She seemed shy and quiet. Regina instantly didn't care Emma was late or hadn't turned up all week. She was just concerned.

"Em what happened" Regina asked quickly standing up.

"Nothing" Emma replied walking to the desk.

Regina walked around it and over to her before she sat down. She gently touched Emma's cheek causing her to flinch.

"Something is wrong. What happened" Regina asked reaching to take Emma's glasses off.

"No don't take them off" Emma quickly said moving backwards.

"Take them off now" Regina ordered in her stern and angry voice. Emma sighed and took the glasses off. A large bruise surrounded Emma's left eye. All bulged up and looking painful. "What happened" Regina asked looking shocked at Emma's face.

"Why should I tell you? You don't tell me anything. Look I came here to learn Spanish like we said. So can we? Sorry I missed a few sessions. I was busy" Emma said sitting down in the seat and looking at Regina's chair.

"Fine. I want to know what happened to you though. Before we start tell me" Regina said in a stubborn voice as she looked Emma in the eyes.

"Ugh whatever. I got into a few fights at the bar with drunks. I was the only one working that night and they wouldn't leave. They became aggressive and punched me. I fought them and got them to leave" Emma sighed as she avoided any sort of eye contact with Regina.

"You got into a bar fight? How many" Regina asked trying to hide her worry.

"3 men" Emma replied now a little embarrassed by being in a fight.

"That was stupid. I'm glad your ok though" Regina softly said getting the attention of the blonde.

"You are? Are you telling me Professor Mills has a nice side" Emma smirked hiding she was happy about that. Regina raised at eyebrow at Emma and gave her a look to tell her she's an idiot. "Sorry. Can we start please" Emma asked looking down nervously at Regina's state.

"Why haven't you been here all week? We're not starting until I have my answers" Regina asked sitting forward and giving a more intimidating look.

"I was embarrassed. I don't know why I kissed you last time and I didn't want to face you after that" Emma admits looking down.

"It's ok. Your not the first student to hit on me and try kissing me. This place has a very strict rule about it" Regina said with slight chuckle at Emma.

"Again sorry. Wasn't my finest moment" The blonde said still feeling slight shame.

"Well I shouldn't have slapped you. I'm... I'm sorry" I say hating having to apologise for anything.

"Whoa Regina has feelings. Shock" Emma joked with a smirk making them both giggle.

"Watch it swan. Well I have my answers so we can start. Also you miss one more lesson with me and I'm calling it off" Regina said now stopping her laughter and looking serious.

"Why do I have to talk but you don't" Emma asked getting the brunettes attention.

"So today we will work on if you'd go to a restaurant tomorrow in Spain" Regina said ignoring Emma's question.

The blonde knew she wasn't getting the stubborn brunette to talk. Emma hated this. All she really wanted was a friend. She doesn't like people in her college. She was too different from everyone else she knew. Emma just slouched in her chair and listened to Regina. A very long hour passed.

"Are we done" Emma asked when she noticed Regina had finished and was doing her own work.

"Yes miss swan. Goodbye" Regina simply said glancing up at her then back at her work.

"Can I have my glasses back? I don't want people asking about my eye. They'll want me to get them alcohol all the time" Emma sighed standing up from the seat.

Regina lifted them up and handed the sunglasses to Emma. She barely even looked up. The blonde rolled her eyes as she took them. Sighing loudly which Regina heard. Emma walked to the door and opened it.

"Put ice on it" Regina said still looking at her paper work.

"What" Emma asked looking round.

"Your eye. If you put ice on it then it'll heal better" she replied finally looking up.

"Thanks. I'll see you Monday" Emma says smiling softly at Regina.

She walked out and closed the door slowly. Regina continued writing. She was very busy and didn't have time to worry about Emma. She didn't even notice Emma was sitting uncomfortably since one of the men fractured her rib. Regina's phone then started ringing. It was unknown but she answered it anyway.

"Hello. Miss Mills speaking" she said trying to sound like she cared about who was phoning.

"Technically your still married to me but it's good your use to saying miss" josh said causing Regina's face to go into shock.

"Josh? What do you want" Regina asked badly hiding she wasn't happy about this call.

"I still have the locket your parents brought you. You know the one in a heart shape with your initials on" he replied with a sigh at Regina's lack of amusement.

"I'll come get that soon" Regina replied remembering the day she got the present.

"Sure thing. Call first" josh said before hanging up the phone.

Regina sighed in annoyance at her stupid ex husband. She put her phone down and got back to her work. Trying to take her mind off everything.