Venice Italy bound

Start from the beginning

La Pescheria backpackers hostel is a 7 star hostel but my room was all females. That was the second to lowest amount of cost. There's not many hostels in Venice and they can get pricey. From $35-$110 and I'm not about to spend that. I just need a place to sleep and shower. As you can see in the photo you are going to make friends regardless, because 95% of the people are traveling solo. Eating areas are set up to make friends and share stories.

Venice is a very walkable city

Venice is a very walkable city. It is said you can walk form one side to the other in 35 minutes but let's be realistic we are not trying to mall walk Venice. Even with a map of the city you will get lost as I did for hours and it's was the absolute best part of it. Narrow walk ways will have you in a major areas of the city. You will never remain lost trust me it's impossible. (you'll see what I mean). As regular walkers, you will have no problem getting around Venice. Get yourselves a good map & prepare to be amazed!

After checking in of course the first thing I do is start walking around. The temperature is a perfect 75 degrees. Every trip I ever book is based on what the temperature of the location is. I like to walk easily 5-10 miles a day and you must buy shoes that can easily handle wear and tear without breaking down. My go to is 1 pair of fitflop and my Salomon speed cross 4 hiking tennis shoe. That's it nothing else is needed.

As I was walking I ran across a guy just handing out street maps

As I was walking I ran across a guy just handing out street maps. I am a person that prefers my maps app or google maps but I take it just in case. Now understand I did download my venice travel guide app. So in any country saying things like Hello, good bye, please, thank you and where's the bathroom. Or just the word meaning bathroom is a must. The little things like that matter to people, you come to their country you should make an attempt to try to appreciate some of their language. And don't worry if you get them mixed up. After all I just came from France and now I'm in Italy. You will make mistakes it's ok. Oh and ladies the men in both France and Italy are so handsome and dress so well. Bonus!!! The culture of a city is what I crave to know. Like most Europeans don't get up at the crack of dawn. Most businesses open at 9am-10am they work for a couple of hours then take a 2 hour lunch and with lunch 90% of the time goes with a couple of beers or glasses of wine. Maybe a 30 minutes hour nap, then back to work til 6pm-7pm. Now dinners are easily a 2-3 hour extravaganza. It's huge home cooked meals and the whole family attends. Dinner is usually from 8:30pm to 11:30pm. It was definitely an adjustment but family is everything and the women in these to countries rule the roost. The woman is the boss inside the home no questions asked. Everything is cooked from scratch as well. They are proud of what they make and most will talk crap about american made food but I get it after eating their food, american food just sucks. Also, no one is really big and I'm guessing because everything's so fresh.