Epilogue

The water was choppy as it hit the boat. Grey and polluted, and smelled horrible, but it was the water of freedom.

Monica leaned on the bars. In just a few more hours, they'd make it to the American harbor. The crew of the boat looked a little shaken when she had asked them if they would be okay with going all the way from England to America, but maybe that was because everyone knew who she was.

The girl that helped save the world.

Monica closed her eyes. It was a year ago that everything happened, but it was still fresh on her mind. How the police bots came to see her crying, asking what happened. When they heard they sent her to the hospital. Permanent damage was done to her legs, and she needed some support, but she refused to become a cyborg. They couldn't blame her, either. Not after what happened.

Then her life for the next few weeks had been a rush of TV interviews, scientists asking loads of questions, and being payed a lot of money for solving the mystery of over a hundred murders and sudden psychopaths. The whole time, she kept a hard drive on a necklace.

She didn't have it on now, though.

She looked around at the angry grey all around her and smiled. This was what she had always wanted, what Haiu wanted. To be free. She hoped to go to the zoo to see some rare animals, like the wolves and elephants, extinct in the wild.

"Monica."

Her head jerked up, and she looked behind her. The android was as close as they could get, and it was more than enough for her. He looked exactly the same, the only real difference was wires instead of veins. She even remembers the exact words he said when she put the hard drive in him. The eyes opened--the same green, too--went to her, and the face pulled into a smile. "And here I thought you didn't care."

She had cried that day. She had gotten Haiu back.

He walked up to her and knelt beside her. "I really hate having to charge."

"It's not any different from sleep." Monica said, rolling her eyes.

"Yeah, but it's always at weird times. I'm currently at eight four percent."

"I can make you a hundered percent inactivated." She said, though she didn't mean it, not at all. No, she would never let go of Haiu again. He was a breakthrough in technology, held files that only his father had, and was the most precious thing to her.

"Instead of knives you use words?"

"I told you I am sorry."

"At this point those aren't the three words I want."

Her blood trned hot, but it made her happy. They had spoken about it for a few months, and they'd finally decided. A condo building in South Carolina, near the beach. Live there for two years, and if everything is still okay, then they'll settle down.

Water splashed over the railing and soaked her wheelchair. She was okay with it, though. She didn't really know why. Haiu took her hand. "All the way out here, you can actually see a few stars. You think we could even make out a constellation tonight?"

"Maybe. Stars are hard to see." She said, though she was hopeful. A new beginning was waiting, and with an entrance to it having seen stars would be perfect.

But the brightest star was beside her. This was his story, and she was happy to be the lead.

The End

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wow I actually finished this lol. I had a lot of fun, even if this was a short book (It was supposed to be longer but I have a habit of making hings go faster, sorry y'all). Autocorrect actually turned off a few chapters ago, so I appologize for any spelling mistakes I didn't catch.

This book is dedicated to Hannah, the girl who broke me all those years ago. I wouldn't be who I am or know all the bautiful people I do without you. I'm scared of you, and of you coming back, but thank you.

And thank you readers for actually putting up with me for this long lol. After a few long breaks you still decided to read this, and that makes me so happy. Again, thank you.

If you're curious for other books, I'm curently writing four others, and one of them is also science fiction. Check it out if you're interested, it's called Alien Generation.

One last thank you, and good bye. Have fun with life please.