"That would be great," the brunette woman responded gratefully.

"Alright, I'll see you out there," Aiden nodded headed towards the door.

"Aiden?" Adla made her best friend turn around to face her again.

"Yeah?"

"I'm really glad you're okay," she said sincerely and offered a little smile for the first time. "And thank you."

"No worries, A. I got you," he said casually but the young man who stood at 6'4 reciprocated her smile before letting her have some time to compose herself fully.

-

After 14 weeks, Leah was back in Chicago. Her experience in Washington had been a whirlwind of emotions. Now that it was over, she was grateful for getting the chance to take another step in the direction she wanted to go. She had gained more knowledge than she could have dreamed of. In fact, she was surer that being a journalist was exactly what she wanted to do and felt more equipped to do it.

The downside had been the separation from Adla. They hadn't seen each other in two months, but they had kept up with the commitments they had made to each other. As much as texting, calling and video-chatting helped, it wasn't the same. Leah was desperate for some actual quality time. And it was finally here.

Since Adla couldn't get out of work, Dani had picked Leah up from the airport and she had enjoyed the day with her roommate. The plan was for Leah to have dinner with Adla at the brunette's apartment after the policewoman got home from work. Leah wasn't nervous this time around. All she felt was excitement and butterflies in her stomach as she rang the doorbell.

The door opened and Leah was greeted with a big smile on Adla's face. Leah couldn't process anything more because she swooped in and instantly flung her arms around Adla neck, pulling her in for a kiss. Adla released a surprised giggle but reciprocated right after. The blonde kicked the door shut behind her, not wasting any time to get what she had been missing for two months.

There was simply no comparison to how Leah felt when she was actually with Adla. The bond they shared had grown incredible strong in a relatively short amount of time and after being separated for so long, she couldn't wait to explore the new phase of their relationship. Adla was holding her close, arms folded around Leah's waist. The need for closeness was palpable in both young women. They shared a few long, drawn-out kissed before Adla came up for some air.

"Hi," Leah breathed cheekily.

"Hi," Adla replied with a joyful laugh. "Welcome back."

"Thank you. Sorry for pouncing on you but I couldn't control myself," Leah admitted while locking eyes with deep, brown ones she had missed so much.

"No reason to apologize at all. I couldn't wait for you to get here," the female police officer shared. "I almost can't believe it's real."

"It's real," Leah answered and felt Adla kissing her lips this time. More gently, as if she needed to make sure it was in fact reality. The journalist was about to deepen the kiss once more but stopped herself. "If you don't stop, we're going to stand here for the next few hours like this," she laughed softly.

"You're right," Adla nodded and released Leah from her embrace. "Besides, I need a couple of minutes before dinner is done but you can get comfortable in the living room."

"And pass up the chance to see you cooking?" The younger woman asked smirking. "No way. I don't know what it says about me, but I find you oddly sexy holding a knife," she continued teasing.

"It says that you're probably a psychopath," Adla countered jokingly while holding back a bigger laugh.

"Then maybe you should put some handcuffs on me, officer," Leah said without hesitation, a playful smile lingering on her lips as she watched Adla's cheeks turn red.