the truth can be worse

Tony had spent the next week pondering the consequences of his actions.

He had wanted to reopen this file for his father, for Fiona and for Ian. But all he was discovering was far more horrible than he had imagined.

Of course, some points of the investigation don't coincide with his reflections, but the more he thought about it, the less he saw other possibilities.

He decided to pick up Ian after classes to chat with him a little. Hoping to break a little the ice that had settled between them, to see a little more clearly and perhaps to allow him to decide what he was going to do.

It didn't take long after the end of the class ring to find Ian. Or rather to discover where he was.

A small group of students had gathered near the exit and cries of encouragement echoed through the air.

Tony felt his heart quicken with fear and prayed that it wasn't what he imagined so that what was happening in front of him wasn't real.

Unfortunately, his prayers weren't heard.

He had found Ian, in the middle of the circle formed by these young people, huddled on the ground, trying to counter all their attacks, or at least to minimize their damage.

Tony quickly removed the assailants and helped Ian get up.

Before everyone left, he managed to recognize Mickey Milkovich, Terry Milkovich's son and Marcus Andrews, the witness who had found the victim.

Both seemed wildly angry at being interrupted by Tony.

Mickey even seemed about to explode, his fists clenched until his nails were tucked into his skin and his eyes dark.

Marcus had pulled Mickey towards him to tell him to follow him further. Tony wanted to stop them, but he was stopped by Ian.

The young man didn't seem to want to aggravate the situation.

Tony decided to pay a visit to Marcus and Mickey.

The scene he had witnessed earlier had quickly made him forget his fears and reassured him of what he had to do.

Continuing the investigation may lead to finding a new culprit and breaking the life of a new family, but this fear shouldn't stop him from doing justice to Ian and his family if Frank wasn't the real murderer.

Marcus' welcome wasn't very cordial, especially when he understood what made Tony come to see him.

The idea of talking about the murder seemed to scare him much more than to respond to the altercation he had with Ian.

Tony couldn't really get clear information from the young man about things blocking the door. He had, however, reaffirmed that it was blocked, as he had stated in his first testimony.

Marcus had quickly dismissed him, saying he had a lot to do and wanted to see a mandate if he wanted to question him further.