Chapter 10

Jane's POV

I felt extremely bad in the morning.  I really hope that I didn't screw things up with Jinxx.  I knew I probably shouldn't have kissed him, but I really didn't know what came over me.  I wasn't usually the type to just kiss guys, ever since what happened last time.  I wasn't able to show my face in public for a while, and I lost most of the people that I was close to.  That's why I only really had one friend before Jinxx.

I got a message on my phone, and I saw it was from Jinxx.  I was really scared to read it, so I ignored the message and I took a shower to think things over.  I had tears in my eyes as I stood in the shower because I truly thought that I ruined things between us.

After some time I got out of the shower and I checked my phone again.  I noticed that I had five missed calls and five new messages.  All of them were from Jinxx, and I felt my stomach twist up in knots.  I knew I had to reply at some point, and I didn't want to keep him waiting.

However, I went into my room to get dressed, and took my time doing it.  I put on blue skinny jeans and the Falling In Reverse shirt that I bought with Jinxx at the mall yesterday.  I sighed softly, remembering that I still had to reply to Jinxx.  I blow dried my hair and straightened it.  I put on some eye shadow and some eyeliner, and got my black pair of TOMS and I brushed my teeth.

I went out into the living room and finally decided that I should respond to Jinxx. All his messages basically said the same thing on the lines of "Hey, are you mad?" or "I really need to talk to you." I responded to him saying "I need to go to work today. Maybe some other time."

I knew I sounded like a bitch by saying that, but I don't think that I am ready to face him yet.  I shut my phone off so I wouldn't give into the temptation of checking the messages that Jinxx would send me. 

I grabbed my car keys and my purse and I left the apartment.  I sniffled a little, but I tried to keep my head held high, and I drove to the bar.

Jinxx's POV

I tried to call Jane a couple times today to see what was going on between us.  She didn't reply for a while, and I was starting to get nervous.  Does she really not want to talk to me?  I texted her at least five times, and she still wouldn't reply.

I got a reply from her about a half an hour later, saying that she would talk to me later because she was going to work.  In her text she sounded like she didn't want to talk, and started to worry about her.  I decided to go get dressed to try to see her at her job to try and talk with her, at least for a few minutes.

I got dressed and quickly headed over to the library, hoping that we could solve whatever was going on between us.  I parked my car and I went inside looking all around the library to find her.  After looking around for at least ten minutes, I went up to one of the librarians there and asked them if I could see Jane.  The librarian told me that Jane wasn't working today, and I became really confused.  Why would Jane lie to me about working?  Did she really not want to talk to me that badly?

I left the library and went back home, disappointed.  If Jane didn't want to talk to me this badly then she could have just said so instead of lying to me.  I wiped at my eyes a little because I honestly really like Jane, but I wasn't going to date a girl who lies to me.

I went back home and texted Jane, and I layed down on my couch and watched TV.  Maybe time to myself would help me think.

Jane's POV

Hours later I was done with my shift at the bar.  I was scared to turn my phone on, but I eventually did.  I saw that I had only one new message and it was from Jinxx, no surprise.  I opened the text and read: