Chapter 8

Jinxx's POV

I went over to Jane's the next day, wanting to tell her that I really liked her.  I don't know how she's going to react to it, seeing as she got out of a really bad relationship recently. 

I wanted to take her somewhere special, so I packed a little picnic basket with food, and I drove over to her house.  I really had no idea how I was going to bring up my growing feelings towards her.  I was nervous that she wouldn't feel the same way.

I pulled up at Jane's house, and I left the basket inside the car and walked up to her apartment.  I rang the doorbell and waited for her to answer.  She opened the door, and she was wearing a Sleeping With Sirens tank top, black skinny jeans, and black knee high boots; she looked really cute. 

"Hey!" She said, greeting me with a warm hug.  This was the first time that she ever made the first move for a hug.

I smiled warmly and hugged her back, "Well you seem happy today."

She blushed a little and let me go, "Is that a bad thing?"

I smiled at her.  She was the cutest thing ever when she blushed, "No! Of course not."

Jane grinned at me and shut her apartment door.  She linked arms with me and we walked out to my car.  This is really unlikely of Jane, being so fun and energetic.  Maybe there were still things that I didn't know about her.

"So what are we doing today?" Jane asked me excitedly.

I smiled down at her, "It's a surprise."

She pouted a little up at me, "That's so not fair."

I laughed a little and opened the car door for her, "Well that's too bad, sweet heart."

I got in the car and drove for about twenty minutes.  We blasted Motley Crue in the car, and kept laughing at the most random stuff.

We finally reached our destination, and I parked the car.  We got out and I grabbed the basket and Jane linked arms with me again.  I wanted to ask her why the sudden change of character, but now wasn't the right time.

We walked up a little hill and we sat down on a blanket over looking the ocean.  The scene was perfect, fitting in with how I felt.

Jane nudged my side a little, "Hey, you alright?"

I smiled and nodded at her, "Yeah, just looking over at the ocean."

She smiled, "Well it's really beautiful here."

 I nodded in agreement to her, "Yeah, it really is."

There were a few moments of silence then, and I was getting worried that I wouldn't be able to bring up how I felt.

She reached over then and grabbed the picnic basket, taking one of the sandwiches out of it, "I didn't know you could cook!"

I rested my hand across my heart then and pretended to be surprise, "I take a little offense to that, miss! And besides, if I didn't know how to make a simple sandwich I don't know how I could survive."

Jane laughed and shoved my arm playfully, "Don't be so sensitive, man!"

I laughed, "Man?"

She blushed a little, "You know what I meant."

We ate our sandwiches then, looking out at the ocean.  I don't think I've ever took someone to a place like this before.

 "So..I've noticed you've been acting a lot..happier these days." I said eventually.

Jane looked down, "You mean, I didn't seem happy before?"

I shook my head quickly, "No!  No that's not what I meant!  I just meant to say that you've, how do I put  this, been coming out of your shell lately."

Jane blushed a little and continued to look down, "Well I mean, I can't live in the past forever."

I nodded a little and scooted closer to her, carefully putting a hesitant arm around her shoulders, "Hey, I'm sorry for bringing it up.."

Jane shook her head quickly, "No, don't worry it's fine, Jinxx.  Trust me."

I gave her a small smile, turning to face her.  She smiled back at me, and I really wanted to tell her that I thought there is chemistry between us, but I backed out.

Jane stood up then and grinned down at me, "I'll race you down the hill!" Then she took off.

"Hey!" I yelled, standing up and running down the hill after her.

She reached the bottom before me, and I accidentally ran into her, unable to stop running.  I knocked her down, falling on top of her.  She looked up at me and laughed, and I couldn't help laughing when she started.

"You jackass!" She laughed playfully, shoving me off of her.

"Hey now, no need to be pushy!"

Jane laughed even more and hugged me, "Nice."

I shrugged and hugged her back, "What?"

She let me go and shook her head, "Nothing."

Jane linked arms with me again and we started walking on the sand on the beach.

"So when was the last time you were in a relationship?" Jane looked over at me and asked.

I shrugged a little, "It's been a while I guess.  I mean with touring and stuff it's always hard to spend quality time with someone."

She nodded a little, "I would've thought you would be into all the groupies hanging by your tour bus waiting for sex."

I laughed a little, "No, no.  At least, I'm not into that.  I mean, what if they had STD's?"

Jane started laughing really hard when I said that, and I couldn't help but grin back.  Making her smile was an accomplishment for me.

I poked her in her side and she giggled, "No, not this again!"

I grinned at her and just continued to poke her more, "Jinxx!" She yelled out, trying to squirm away from me.

I laughed and held onto her tightly, not really wanting to let her go.  I have no idea how her last boyfriend could've done whatever he did to Jane.

 I eventually stopped tickeling her and she couldn't stop giggling, "Meanie."

I grinned, "Yep that's me, Jane Smith's mean friend."

Jane grinned, "Yep that's you!"

We walked back up the hill and grabbed the basket because it was getting late outside, and Jane said she had to do something.  We linked arms again and walked back to my car and I drove her back to her house.

"Today was really great Jinxx." She said when I parked the car.

I smiled, "Well, I had a great time too."

Jane leaned over then and pecked my cheek.  I felt some butterflies in my stomach then and I smiled, blushing a bit.

Jane grinned, "I know you're blushing."

That just made me redden a little more, "No..!"

She laughed, "I'll see you later!" And with that, she got out of my car and left.

I messed up today with not telling her.  I rested my head back against the seat and sighed.  I knew she was keeping her guard up with dating people, and I knew then I couldn't tell her.  Hopefully I wont fuck this up then.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: Well I felt like I should do a chapter from Jinxx's point of view, so here it is!  I posted this quicker than I thought I would, so enjoy!^.^

P.S. The picture on the side is kind of what I imagined the scenery to be, so yeah!