The ball of the spade kingdom

Start from the beginning

"Did you hear the King of Spades is searching for a queen?" I heard one of the maids ask the other. "Omg!!! I heard! Francis had been talking about it! I wish I could be there! Alfred is so kind and sweet AND hot as hell!" The other responded in a loud tone of voice. "Shhh... We don't want to disturb the King and Queen's beauty sleep." The other shushed as I continued to listen to the two spreading rumors. "No they went to the party along with a lucky few from the kingdom! That sucks! I'm way more beautiful than all those people!" She screamed as she probably gestured to herself. 'Yeah that's probably why your husband cheated on you with a whore and now you work as a maid...' I thought to myself, rolling my eyes as what she said registered in my head.

Wait they're gone... I can finally leave this wretched place! I immediately tied my bedsheets together and used that to make it to the ground from my window. After I wasted most of my energy on that (And noticing the guards guarding the palace is with the 'couple') I made a run to any direction, as long as it's away from here.

I ran for what felt like forever as I couldn't feel my legs anymore. Either from the running or the fact I'm stockings and heels to go with a short sleeved maid dress which revealed wayyy to much (All of this in the middle of winter). Or because of that frog earlier this afternoon. I finally made it to another kingdom. I almost praised the heavens until I realized what kingdom I'm in. Kingdom of Spades...

I didn't give a crap as long as I get away from the frog bastard. I ran into any direction I pleased or as my gut told me and accidentally ran into someone, making both of us fall to the ground. I shook my head getting ready to be beaten or yelled at for not looking where I was going. "I'm so sorry miss. Are you alright? Hurt anywhere?" I heard a kind voice as I opened my eyes noticing the person sticking their hand out. I didn't take it, in fear they're just putting up a façade and will hurt me if I take it.

I suddenly feel arms being wrapped around my waist as I was being lifted up and placed on my feet. "Are you alright? Should we go to a doctor?" He sounded concerned as I finally looked into his eyes. It was ocean blue and held kindness and concern. "I...I'm fine," I responded still holding onto him, because my legs felt numb from the cold and running and from what happened earlier that night. "Are you sure?" He asked as I only nodded still looking into the gentle blue eyes getting lost in them.

"Well I'm Alfred. Who are you? Now on closer inspection you look like a boy. Wow that sounded ruder than I meant," He chuckled nervously as the name registered in my mind. Alfred... Where have I heard it before... I remember back to what the maids said. Wait King Alfred?! "Oh I'm so sorry your majesty! I wasn't looking where I was going and I accidentally bumped into you," I immediately pulled myself away from his grip and curtsied before him, my head down casted and my legs wobbling. I wait to be yelled at and to be sentenced to the dungeon for disrespecting such a superior ranking.

"It's alright don't worry. Everyone makes mistakes. You can call me Alfred. I don't like formalities," he shrugged and continued to smile at me. "Arthur," I whisper slightly. "Huh sorry I didn't catch that," he looked surprised and stepped closer. "My name is Arthur. And yes I'm a boy," I answer his previous questions. "Oh, nice to meet you Arthur! May I ask if you are a boy, why do you wear a dress... Oh wow I sound transphobic," he enthusiastically stated making me smile slightly, but only slightly. How do I tell him the King of Diamonds sexually abuses me and forces me to wear this...

"It's a long story," I answer nervously. "Well I have the whole night. All the people inside the castle are boring as hell and every woman or man practically throws them self on me. You are literally the most beautiful person I've seen tonight," he groans out as I giggled and blushed at the last comment. "Really...?" I ask mostly to myself. "Definitely. You just might be the most beautiful person I've seen my whole life," he winks playfully as my blush grew darker in color. "Well then, tell me your story oh beautiful princess," he says as he gestured to me to lean on the railing of the balcony. I was about to do that as I see a person moving towards us. I realize that it was none other than the person I tried to escape from, namely Francis.