XXX - Jitters

Andi sat in the porcelain tub, her hands hanging over the side as her chest leaned against the cool tub giving her a moment's release from the hot water that her body sat in. Bubbles hugged her in the right places as she rubbed her thumb against the sparkly diamond that laid on her left hand. She smiled as she thought about Jacob, how happy he made her and how she was growing his child inside her; however, she also felt overcome with worry.

Tensions over the last two weeks had become almost unbearable. Jacob and Andi had been away from each other, only speaking on the phone briefly over the last week - his excuse was that he didn't want to see her until the wedding - which was now the next day, but she knew he was trying to keep things quiet and not worry her about what was really going on. The house had been rather empty with only a few Project members visiting to check in on Andi or help with some last minute planning or dress fittings. A lovely group of ladies took it upon themselves, at the behest of Joseph, to create a simple gown for the bride. Andi was thankful as she always dreamed of a princess dress, but the fact that the ladies had made her a simple bohemian style white gown made her smile and think of Jacob. There was no way she could've convinced him to have a huge extravagant wedding - ever.

Knock knock

Andi was caught off guard since she didn't think anyone was at Joseph's besides her, her hand reaching for the towel she left on the floor and standing up before pulling it around her, covering her body.

"Yes?" Her voice wobbly from the intense heat of the water, she realised she may have been a bit heavy with the temperature of the bath.

"Ma'am. Faith and Joseph are here." The project member, who she recalled her name to be Shanna, poked her head into the bathroom as she avoided eye contact with Andi. "Oh. Thanks Shanna. I actually forgot you were here. You're so quiet."

"Thank you, ma'am." Shanna's head lowered as she blushed at the apparent compliment. "Please, Shanna. It's Andi. Ma'ams are old ladies knitting sweaters." Andi smiled as Shanna nodded and excused herself.

Andi couldn't help but feel bad for the young girl. She couldn't have been no more than 22, was extremely timid, and would throw herself on a grenade if it meant pleasing Joseph. That kind of blind admiration towards someone was very irritating to Andi, and sometimes she just wanted to slap some sense into the kid, and others like her.

Andi grabbed her cotton robe off the hook of the door and wrapped it around her body before slipping her feet into her fuzzy slippers she has taken from her home, smiling as she wiped the towel down her legs. She turned the knob of the bathroom and began making her way down the hall towards the living room.

"Were you able to convince him, Joseph?" She asked, breath baited as she hoped he would give her the news she wanted to hear.

"I'm sorry, Andi." Faith said as she wrung her hands out in front if her body, Andi's eyes lookibg at the floor. "Oh, it's okay. He's probably busy, you know, tying up loose ends. But he'll be here tomorrow right?" Andi's tone became that of a hopeful one, her eyes searching Joseph who stood before her and placed his hands on her arms.

"He promised, Andi." Andi's gaze met Joseph's, his eyes lingering behind his yellow specs, his hair pulled back in his signature man bun. She smiled at him as he pulled her into a kind hug and rubbed her back, her head turning so her cheek laid against his chest.

"Thank you, Joseph." Andi sighed out. "I guess no dinner tonight then. Not much point in only the bride being there." Andi pulled from the hug and held her hands in front of her. Joseph could sense the hurt in Andi; she had been feeling like Jacob was avoiding her, or that he was too busy for her, which she knew was far from the truth.