III - Plans

Andi stood in the bathroom amid the fog that settled after her hot shower. She got herself dressed in her blue jeans and her green militia shirt that had been gifted to her by Eli when Boyd first brought her to the Den. She placed it over a black tank top as the militia shirt fit a bit big in her. Andi pushed the bottom of the shirt into her pants, sloppily tucking it in. She did up 2 bottom buttons and rolled up her sleeves to her elbows. Andi grabbed her leather belt that she had thrown on the sink and slid it through each belt loop on her jeans and finally tightened it and did up the buckle. After getting her boots done up, Andi looked at herself in the mirror - her dark brown hair was up in a ponytail with her long bangs framing her porcelain face. She had pale skin, but the sun always kissed her gently causing light freckles to lay across her forehead, nose, and shoulders. Andi threw her sunglasses on her head and grabbed her toiletries, putting them in her room before heading to the common area to check in with Eli.

After her talk with Boyd, she felt like she wanted to get more involved, to actually be available when they needed some help. She was eager to learn, and Eli had a knack for recruiting and teaching- it wouldn't be that difficult for her to become a full blown militia member, she thought. Andi passed by the men's room and caught Boyd napping in the corner of her eye. Good. She thought. Bugger will leave me alone for a bit.

Andi made her way to Eli's little 'office' where his monitors were splashed across the wall. She walked to the doorway and knocked her forefinger knuckle on the doorjamb. Eli met his eyes with hers as he looked over the shoulder of the deputy standing infront of him. "Andi. Uh, wow you look ready for action." Eli was taken aback by Andi's choice of attire. He always figured she would get involved, but he had hoped it would've been months ago.

"Ya. I really have to start helping you guys Eli. Can't be dead weight anymore - not a good time for that."

"Boyd told me you knew..." Eli's eyes met the floor. "It's about damn time he stopped cock-blocking you from being official militia. Why the change of heart all of a sudden?" Eli rubbed his bearded chin as he asked. The deputy stood up from his chair to lock eyes with the brunette gracing the doorway. He looked to be about her age, maybe a few years older. She could tell he was a city boy, shorter hair, cleanly kept facial hair, and very kind eyes. "Ma'am". The deputy known as Rook nodded kindly her way.

"Andi, please Deputy ...." "Rook" he replied. "Like, rookie?" Andi questioned as a smile drew on the lips of the deputy. "Fitting enough, it's actually my last name too." He smirked. "Fate is a mysterious lady she is." He chuckled under his breath as the gears in Andi's head turned and she smiled kindly at him. She turned her attention back to Eli and his loaded question.

"Well, besides the fact that I'm sick of playing the damsel, which my daddy never taught me to be, that trip this morning did a number on my psyche Eli ... in a good way." Eli folded his arms across his chest as he allowed Andi to make her case to him. "You know just as well as Boyd does that I'm not one to sit around on my thumbs and have everyone else stressed, anxious, and fearful when I literally haven't the slightest idea what's going on. I know Boyd was just trying to keep me and my stupid curiosity at bay, but he managed to forget that I am a grown woman who can make her own damned decisions. This, this here is my damned decision not his. He gave up his right to have an opinion on my life's decisions when he ... ended things." Andi's voice trailed. She looked at Eli with sad but intense eyes, trying to show him that she couldn't just pretend that things were fine anymore. "Eli, from what I can tell, shit's getting real." She candidly noted.

Eli chuckled at her comment. His stature relaxed and he waved her over to shake the deputy's hand. He placed his hands on her arms and gave her a hug, releasing her after a brief moment. "That's the Leandra I know and love." Ugh. "Andi.." she sighed. Eli waved her off and motioned her to take a seat.