XIX - Gone Rogue

Andi knew she was in the bliss. The green hue that engulfed the world was the first sign. She laid out in a grassy field, her head laying on Jacob's stomach as his fingers gently pulled through her dark brown locks; his other hand locked his fingers with hers as she carefully inspected the scars that riddled his war torn knuckles.

Andi went to roll over to look at Jacob's face - she smiled at him and before he could return the smile, or even direct his eyes downward to her, he disappeared in a cloud of green smoke. Confused, Andi slowly stood up and began walking ahead, as if another vision awaited her.

You have changed his heart. You know that, dear sister. Faith's voice called as if coming from inside her own ears.

"Faith?" Andi called out as her attention turned to John who was oddly standing under a tree, staring at its trunk and rubbing his fingers against its rough bark. As she went to place a hand on his shoulder, he quickly jerked around and snatched Andi by the waist bringing her into a tight and sensual hug - his face burying into her neck as she felt his beard rubbing against her tender skin.

"John? What are-" before Andi could finish her thought he had disappeared and was replaced with Jacob embracing her.

John will not interfere. His feelings are purely lustful. Jacob's are of true care and adoration for you, a much stronger bond to break.

Jacob's forehead met hers as she instinctively placed her hands on the back of his neck, just relishing in his touch. Even though she knew it was the bliss, she craved him and needed him, right there, right now - real or not.

As she went to tilt her head and kiss his lips, he disappeared again. Frustration didn't overtake her as the scene quickly changed to what she could piece together as a night out with Boyd - standing in a grassy field, though it was now riddled with bliss flowers, she knew this was the time when he broke up with her, when her heart was last shattered.

"Andi, I just can't" he said to her as he held her hands in his. Suddenly, he looked down to his chest and saw a red dot grow bigger and bigger before he too disappeared in a puff of green.

Joseph saved you. Boyd abandoned you when you needed him most. Everyone who said they cared for you left you to die. They thought Joseph would let you die, but the Father gave you life. And Jacob kept you safe when others failed.

Andi was then taken back to the moment just after she killed Rook: Jacob's knife appeared in her hands and she saw green splatters of bliss cover her hands, representing Rook's blood.

And you freed us from him - you returned to us the chance to prepare for the collapse. This was planned by God, and he revealed to the Father. He saw your purpose, and you fulfilled it. You are apart of our family. We will not abandon you, sister - ever.

Andi felt tears begin streaming down her face as she looked at Rook's body laying before her feet. She collapsed to her knees and cried into her hands.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry Rook. I let you down." She sobbed.

A gentle touch on her shoulder caused her to lift her head from her hands and look up to see Faith giving a kind and compassionate smile. Andi shot up and wrapped her arms around Faith.

You may think you have let Rook down, but your actions have helped the family - without you, Jacob would be dead. John would be next, then me and finally the Father. Where would that leave our flock? Our family? The collapse is coming. You can feel it, can't you?