Shigaraki Tomura X Reader: Like You.

Start from the beginning

"And what did you do to earn it?" Shigaraki asked, dismissing the candy problem and the quick appearance of the sudden emotion. Past is in the past, he reminded himself. He can't go back. Besides, Having candies once or twice isn't harmful to him. So long as it is not given to him everyday, Shigaraki would have no problems with the sugary treats.

He wordlessly told Kurogiri to give him a drink (Of course, it was just simply water. He didn't like drinking alcohol in front of his son— actually, no, scratch that. Ever since he became a father, he rarely touched a single drink, much less taking a sip of it), for he needed it for his dry throat. He kept his eyes on his son, who was (as he said for himself) being good for the duration of his father's absence.

"I did a lot of things, actually! Like cleaning up my own room! It was messy, so I fixed it! Oh and I was able to read the whole book of my bedtime story to Miss Toga! I learn how to read properly now! Miss Toga was amazed!"

All of his adventures throughout the day never once fell on deaf ears. Shigaraki simply smile and nodded, drinking few sips from his glass and ask for any minor details whenever needed.

(S/n) is an intelligent kid. With Kurogiri as his teacher (and the fact that he has no electronics or other things that may occupy his time), he spends most of his days reading. Someday, (S/n) would definitely surpass Shigaraki and be on a higher level of intelligence than him. After all, Shigaraki did not finish his years at school before accepting the role of an antagonist.

Each scene (that has occurred throughout the whole day) explained by (S/n) ended with a short, simple compliment coming from Shigaraki; which motivates (S/n) even further to do good. Shigaraki admits that his son is definitely brighter than him than when Shigaraki was at his age. (S/n) can speak properly with no speech impairment at all. Around his age, it was common for children to speak with lisp, or have influency disorders. His vernacular has improved throughout his life. In fact, he seems to know slightly deeper words now, courtesy of Kurogiri. Shigaraki is proud, of course. Who would not be in his place?

Well, irony has never been more ludicrous.

You see, Shigaraki loves his son more than anything else in this world, but not even a single word that may lead to a certain topic stayed in Shigaraki's mind for more than a millisecond, less even.

A certain topic... about his future.

Shigaraki wouldn't even dream of letting his precious little treasure to stand out in the battlefield, fighting those so called heroes. What if they realized that he has an heir and decided to use his son against him? What if they manipulated his son into thinking Shigaraki is in the wrong? What if his son hated him for what he is doing?

Shigaraki already accepted the misanthropic life the day All For One took him in. Even before that, he already realized the inequality, the imperfections of the world he is currently living in as of now. He would love to hear the screams of those heroes who claim to help people, but really aim to get showered by the love of the public everyday (and disregarding their promises altogether as well). He would love to see their charming, charismatic facade slowly melting away as they realize the fact that their dreams and plans for the future are now fleeing away from their grasp. They would have nothing. They would be nothing.

But his son... oh his son. His son is like a sunshine in his dark, empty world. A sunshine that seem to bring not only light, but life as well. It was like every place that its ray touch, it will come back alive from its dust. Those dreadful, desert-like places will bloom and shine to become a haven-like garden. It would be nice, he thought, if that really does happen.

His son, though intelligent and bright, never knew the meaning of heroes. Sure, he overheard it during the meeting between Shigaraki and the rest of the members, but the meaning of it never seemed to emerge from the discussion, thus (S/n) would never have even the slightest clue of what is really means. When he ask Shigaraki about it, of course, the latter would wave it off.