Unfortunately I am not a shopper I came to see not shop

Unfortunately I am not a shopper I came to see not shop. I then followed my map to the Cathedral of Milan it's the huge church in the photo. Built in the 1st century.  Milan's Archdiocese is the largest in Europe and the one having the most priests in the world, with 2,648 priests living in the diocese, among which 1,861 secular priests. Yes it's that big!

I saw that they had Resturant's every where around it that had cute patio areas so you could sit and enjoy the view of the church

I saw that they had Resturant's every where around it that had cute patio areas so you could sit and enjoy the view of the church. I ordered a slice of pizza and a glass of wine. I have never ate so slowly and just enjoyed being alone in what was one of the best experiences of my life.

You see what happens when your alone with no one to talk to your mind slows down and all the constant chatter goes silent

You see what happens when your alone with no one to talk to your mind slows down and all the constant chatter goes silent. I swear, I sat there with a smile I couldn't wipe off my face if I tried. The only thing I needed my phone was for taking pics of this moment in time.

I ordered one more glass of wine even though I'm also not a wine drinker but this if France and that's what they do

I ordered one more glass of wine even though I'm also not a wine drinker but this if France and that's what they do. A sweet couple sat next to me at the table near me. I listened to them be all romantic, next thing I know we are all having a conversation about them and their trip to me and my solo trip. That is them in the picture above. The most beautiful thing about solo travel is you are truly never alone if you choose to be. I can get caught up in stories or choose to exit a conversation and move on but the choice is always yours.

I walked slowly back to my hostel it was around 11pm and I never once felt threatened or that I may be in harms way walking alone. I do always pay attention to my surroundings and notice who's around me and especially behind me. I'm not on scared alert but conscience of my surroundings. There are lights every where always people walking around and police every few blocks.

Once back at my hostel I get to the room. Get my things to take a shower along with a change of clothes. There are a few people asleep and a few awake. I don't want to talk to anyone because I didn't want to wake the others. The few awake gave quite hellos as well as I myself said hello quietly. I came back in refreshed and got on my lower bunk logged into the WiFi and posted to Facebook about my day then opened my Wattpad reading app and read til I fell asleep.

Hostels are always filled with the nicest people you will ever meet. They are usually traveling solo and range mainly from 19-30 years of age for the most part but there is an all age as well. When I flew into Milan I had no idea other than Paris That I wanted to go. This is were Hostel guest turn a normal trip into a fantastic trip. Europeans are not like Americans, they are so accustomed to Hostels it's there norm. Us Americans are intimated and afraid of what we do not know or understand.

The next morning I awoke to go have breakfast. Well it is definitely not like an American breakfast they serve pastry's and toast with of course European coffee. They do not do sugar like Americans chocolate croissants the a mild not sweet chocolate. Still tasty just way different than what I'm used to. They do have Mcdonalds though if you need an american breakfast.

I sat at a table with five girls and two guys. We exchanged stories about are trips and they convinced me I had to take a train to Venice. After everything they said about it I had to go. They said it's super cheap to take the train. So I sat right there and booked a train to Venice in a couple of hours. It cost $20 euros so about $23 american dollars. I was set, I would arrive in Venice about 11am and it was a 2 hour 50 minute ride.

Now this is what thrilled me the most about traveling alone. I just at the drop of a hat decided I'm going to Venice. I didn't have to discuss it with a fellow traveler, if they were okay with that or nothing. I have never felt more free in my life and what I didn't realize was that I was going to become addicted to wanting that feeling more and more.