Chapter Eighteen: Heaven Knows How Much I Need It

Start from the beginning

"But not at me," the guy said sadly.

"Oh definitely at you," Jordan said. "Now go take your chance, then maybe I can sit with my lovely Naomi."

"A-Alright," the guy stammered as he gathered his belongings and went to Jordan's seat.

"She has never looked back, has she?" I asked.

"Like she has no regrets in life," Jordan confirmed. "But it was all for a noble cause. Your sacrifice will always be remembered, my good man."

Just when I thought I could escape him, Jordan had to turn on the ol' charm and do this. He then turned around on his seat to make it as if we're sharing the same desk.

"Okay, so I have a plan and it's foolproof."

My mind instantly went to our problem with the Lost Boys and I looked at him expectantly. I glanced at Declan who also looked intrigued.

"I have figured out how to cheat in any class."

Both Declan and I groaned.

"It better not be on cheating on me again," I warned as through an over the top elaborate plan, he was able to cheat on my final last semester.

"Naomi, don't think like that. The Jordan from last year is no more. Well at least, the laziness in studying for that final is."

"I think it seems contradictory that you were lazy enough to study for a final, but not to set up a plan to copy off someone," Declan told him.

"Who was me," I reminded, still irked.

"But doing that wasn't for the sake of cheating and getting a good grade, it was for a higher purpose."

"Which was..."

"To prove that I can do it and that I am therefore a genius."

"Declan," I said.

"Don't worry, Naomi," he assured me. "He's dead the moment he steps out of class."

"Then I will never leave," he declared.

"Please don't do that to me," the teacher muttered as he passed out the worksheets for today.

When the teacher was at a safer distance, Jordan told us, "So from now on, I'll put 'Answer Key' on top of my tests."

"My God," Declan muttered.

"I can't believe it," I whispered to myself.

"I know right? It's-"

"You're an idiot," Declan and I said in unison.

"So we're hanging at the base today?" Declan asked, changing the subject and leaving Jordan distraught at his failure. I think he's losing his touch on his plans. What a pity to watch.

"I'm down," Jordan said. "Though in the end, it's up to Bent since it's his car."

"Speaking of cars," I said, "I had to apologize to Dominic about your whole act when he drove us."

Jordan's usual smile vanished which was enough to make anyone flinch like a glare from Declan. "You didn't have to do that, Naomi. And besides, I still don't trust him."

"It isn't a matter of trust but etiquette," I told him. "If he isn't related to anything suspicious, you didn't seem like some threat but a jerk.

"You said if," he commented.

"And if he is related to something, then you blew our cover. Happy?"

"Ecstatic," he grumbled.