Chapter Eighteen: Heaven Knows How Much I Need It

Previously on TGGBB2...

A couple of weeks ago, Dominic offered Naomi and Jordan a ride which turned to the opportunity for Jordan to reveal his background check on Dominic. This was based on his suspicions that he is related to The Lost Boys which only revealed his own relation to the gang and putting their safety in jeopardy as they were in a car together. Jordan later got in trouble with Bennett and Declan.

After the closing of girl's night with Lynn, Naomi's new friend, and Brennan, Bennett's sister, Naomi witness Lynn forcing herself to throw up, a symptom of bulimia. Naomi goes to Lynn's house to get her forgotten jacket, but met Lynn's parents and witnessed their toxic relationship firsthand. The next day, Naomi bumped into a past bully before Declan was able to step in and stop them. However, Dominic was there to see it happen.

And that's what you missed on TGGBB!

~

He saw it, were the words then kept repeating over and over again in my head. They kept getting louder and stronger. I felt like I was suffocating. He wasn't supposed to see. He wasn't supposed to find out. What should I-

"Naomi."

I snapped back to reality but still felt dizzy. Declan, still holding my books, stood in front of the door when class was about to start.

"You doing ok?" He asked me.

"Yeah. I've never been better." I said hastily before trying to move him aside but failing drastically because it's like a stuffed animal running against a wall.

To which Declan is obviously the stuffed animal.

"No, I've seen you better," he told me. "That was not better."

"Well..." I paused, then I found the opportunity to maneuver around him through the door. "That... You're right."

"Would you like your books back?" Declan asked, holding up my books while following behind me.

"No, you can keep them," I said as I sat down at my desk.

I watched as he sat at his own desk beside me. He stared down at my books then realized the sarcasm in my voice. He gave me back my books with an unappreciated look.

"Jordan is rubbing off on you."

"Hey, I keep my hands to myself," Jordan defended as he sat on top of my desk.

"But not your butt on my desk."

"He can have his butt on my desk," some random girl said wistfully.

Jordan nodded to her with a grin. "Sorry, but this butt is taken."

He turned to me, still wearing the same grin, and saw my look of disbelief. "To this... desk... I'll hop off now..."

I thought Jordan was going to back to his own desk but instead, he went to the person in front of mine.

"Hey man," he greeted, leaning casually at the desk. "Mind if we switch seats for the day?"

"I mean it's assigned seating, and this is a good spot from-"

"The teacher doesn't look at the seating chart anymore, so it doesn't matter. And... do you know where I sit?" Jordan mused. "Right next to Tanya Adams," he said in a stage-whisper.

"How did you-?"

"Well, it took me a while to figure out that you weren't ogling at me. I'm very hurt by the way." He said with a sigh. "I didn't really want to tell you, but sometimes I see her looking at your direction."