Chapter Fifteen: Of Graea, Not of You

Recap:

Jordan was taken to jail after being caught painting a picture for Declan's newborn baby sister, Delilah. As Bennett tries to see what he can do, Declan and Naomi go to see Jordan behind bars. The reunion is cut short when someone from the Musketeers', and specifically Declan's, past appears: Gio. He tells them that people are out for the fourth musketeer before being knocked down by Jordan when he sexually harassed Naomi.

And that's what you missed on GLEE!

~

I felt a hand on my shoulder. "Are you okay, Naomi?" Declan asked me, wearing a concerned, pained look on his face. "I'm sorry. I should've reacted faster."

"No, it's my fault," Jordan interjected, shooting a glare at the unmoving body. "The guy was right next to me."

I gave him a smile. "Don't worry. I'm sure he regrets it. And I can defend myself given the chance. I have to show I'm worth something for once."

"Not for once," Bennett muttered.

"I hope I get out of here before he gains consciousness," Jordan grumbled as he looked down at his hand with the knuckles red.

"You might be able to," Bennett told him.

Jordan's face brightened which was a sight I felt I haven't seen for a while. "Really? Thank you so much Bennett. I can't-" Jordan stopped. "Thank you. I'm sorry about everything."

Bennett smiled. "It's ok. I couldn't say anything because of Gio, but I was able to-"

"What happened here?" The officer exclaimed, pushing past us.

"Sexual harassment?" I offered.

"I mean, but- Whatever." the officer opened the cell door then said with a sigh, "Hale, call yourself lucky."

"Hale?" I asked, looking at meditation dude, the other guy in the holding cell with Jordan and Gio.

"Not me, sweetheart," the guy said with his eyes closed and still in a meditation position.

"Jordan Hale, you're getting out of here."

The officer went into the cell to check on Gio, smacked the side of his face and was able to wake him up. As Gio started to pull himself together, the officer took Jordan out of the cell with him and locked the door behind him. We walked away with Gio's shouts of "Long live the King" echoed throughout the corridor.

"Don't give me that look, Naomi," Jordan told me. "I changed my name years ago, at least not legally yet. I hope to change it to Beyoncé or-" Jordan suddenly stopped. "Dad?"

Jordan's father gave him a worn out smile. "I don't think this is the best place to have our reunion, but hey, second time's the charm."

"What's he doing here?" Jordan demanded.

"Only a parent or guardian can take you out of custody," Bennett explained. "You mentioned you tracked him down and I was right checking your room to see you had a file on him with his contact information. I believed you'd rather have your father than your-"

"Believe!" He exclaimed, grabbing Bennett by the collar. "You don't know anything! How could you?"

Declan and I tore him from the calm Bennett who took Jordan's action without any retaliation. Bennett knew full well the response he was going to get from Jordan once he learned what he did.

Jordan backed off still glaring at Bennett. The police chief beside Jordan's father motioned him to come to them. They talked to each other and ended with Jordan walking off to the side having finished his part of the conversation.