Part : 4 Turning Point

Inline comments are love. And just wanna say thank you for loving this story.

After two weeks

These two weeks were very difficult for Manik. He was trying his best to maintain distance with Nandini. He started coming home late at night and started leaving early in the morning. His attraction toward Nandini was increasing with each passing day. He tried to keep himself busy in work but still he couldn't take her out from his head. His heart always wanted to see her in front of his eyes but his mind used to stop him. He didn't want to think about it but still he couldn't stop himself from thinking that what if she would be single. He was feeling like she was controlling his heart and mind. He never left so weak and helpless before. But this attraction was making him weak and feel helpless.

Even he started ignoring Shivansh because whatever was going in his mind  after that he was not able to meet his eyes with him. He was trying his best to end this here. He was scared about the thought that what if his attraction toward Nandini would change into something more stronger than just attraction. That's why he wanted this to get end here only. But nothing was left in his control. It was getting difficult for him to control the things. He was not the same person what he was becoming after meeting Nandini. He used to get angry easily. He was angry from himself. He used to shout and scold himself in alone for thinking about Nandini. He started smoking and drinking a lot these days. Nandini's attraction was becoming dangerous for him and killing him from inside.

"What happened to you Manik ? You are not picking up anybody's calls."Mukti stormed into Manik's Cabin , shouting on him. Manik moved his eyes from the laptop to her.
"You know Shivansh called me and he was so upset and angry with you. He told me that daily you are coming late at night. Even You didn't go home last night." Mukti was shouting on him angrily and he was listening her silently, sitting on chair and his hands were kept on table.

"Manik.. Is everything fine ? If something is bothering you , you can share with us. We are there for you." Mukti walked toward him and stood beside him. She composed herself and said concernedly, putting her hand on his shoulder. Manik closed his eyes disappointedly because he couldn't share this thing with anybody.

"Mukti. It's just that I have lot of work that's why I remain  busy. It doesn't mean that I am ignoring you guys intentionally. You all are my friends, my family. Why would I ignore you guys ?" Manik took a deep breath and then said looking at Mukti who was looking at him , having concerns in her eyes for him.

"Really there is nothing serious?" Mukti asked to confirm and Manik nodded his head in yes. Next second , he got up from chair and hugged her. He wanted someone to hold him very badly that's why without thinking anything, he just hugged her. Few tears rolled down from his eyes and  he wiped them off with his hand immensely. Mukti wrapped her hands around him confusingly. She was sensing that something was really wrong with him.

"Manik , You need to give time to yourself too." They broke the hug after a minute. Mukti said in concerned tone , looking at him. He just nodded his head slightly in response.
"Go home and talk to  Shivansh." Mukti said before walking out of Cabin. Manik was standing there , having sadness on his face. The saddest thing was that he was drifting apart from his friends because of the feelings which were developing inside him for Nandini.

_____________________

Manik reached home to talk with Shivansh. Mukti's words made him realise that he was doing wrong with his friends . Ignoring them was not right. What was their fault? He was just about to pass by Shivansh's room but he stopped on the door , listening his words.

"Nandini , seriously.. I am feeling like there is something wrong with Manik. He never did like this to me before. He was not like this before. He always used to pick up my calls , no matter how much busy he was. I am worried for him." Shivansh said in sad tone , looking at Nandini who was listening to him patiently , standing in front of him. Manik felt more guilty after listening his words. He had never wished this to be happened.