Chapter 26 (Edited)

"Hey, look at Mal," someone said, pointing as I got off the bus. "He's in a dress and wearing flats."

I turned towards where the person was pointing and saw that Mal was actually in a dress and flats. I grinned and shook my head, amused that he had actually done.

He was flexing his arms, showing off his muscles. His hair was slicked back, and he didn't have a five o'clock shadow like he had the day before. Mal was enjoying the attention that people were giving him. There was a grin on his face, showing off his white teeth.

I walked over to him, studying him in the pink dress that he was wearing with black flats. "Hey, Mal," I said, grinning at him. I, again, glanced him up and down snorting. "I didn't think you would actually do it."

"Hey, Martha," he said, smiling. "And I would've done it. We did make a bet. I was sure that you would've taught me in a dress."

I laughed and nodded my head. "Yes, I would've done that." I took out my phone and got it onto the camera. "Now, smile for a picture."

He flexed his arms and smiled a movie star smile. He posed for another picture, giving me a sly smirk, and I took that one also. "Don't put that on Facebook," he said, glaring playfully at me. "I know where you live."

I laughed and saved both pictures, before sending them to my email. I wasn't going to lose them. "Well, I was going to let the Facebook people do that. And, I know where you live, also. So, I wouldn't be threatening me, Malcom." I stuffed my phone back into my pocket.

Mal snorted and rolled his eyes. "Well?" he asked, posing again. "How do I look? Do I look good in pink?" He had a pink dress with a long flowing skirt. He twirled around, showing jeans underneath it.

"You look like a pretty princess with jeans on," I replied. "And yes, you look good in pink. Besides, tough guys wear pink."

"I'm going to have to burn the dress," Ava said, coming over to us. She rolled her eyes and folded her arms across her chest.

  "That's your dress?" I asked surprised, because she was shorter than Mal and a lot skinnier than him. I looked at the dress, with the eye of a stitcher and such and saw where there had been repairs and such, so it would fit a bigger person.

"Yes, Mom was going to make it for me." She glared at her brother.

"But when Mom heard me talking to Ava about wearing a dress tomorrow, she took that one and fixed it my size. She stayed up all night and fixed it." He grimaced and rubbed his arms. "She kept pricking me with the needles. Oh, and the shoes have been from an old costume that my father had wore." He laughed and shook his head.

  "Well, your mother did a good job with the dress. I wouldn't have noticed it, if I hadn't been sewing since I was younger." I grimaced, thinking of something. "I would've had an all nighter, because I would've had to fix a dress that Julie had destroyed." I shuddered. "She had given me a dress with a hole in the back."

Like me, Julie didn't like dresses. She would rip and tear it up, with her twin brother Josh. However, unlike her, I did preserve the dress. I could sew, because I had gotten the hand me downs from my sisters. But, I did have my own style of clothing that they didn't have.

"Well, you would've been able to sew it up, and no one would be able to tell that there was this big hole in the back of it," Ava said, while Mal nodded his head. "Isn't that the only girly girl thing that you do?"

"Yes, sewing is basically the only girly girl thing that I do. However, I had done some knitting and crocheting."

Ava nodded her head and glanced at her brother. There was something in their gaze that made me a little uncomfortable. However, when Ava turned to look at me, there was a smile on her face. "Well, we got to go. See you at practice," Ava said. She and Mal waved together before turning away and starting to walk away from me.

"Alright, see ya," I said and we split up, going to our different classes.

I wanted to tell them about who I really am. I trusted them as much as I trusted James and Mia. However, I knew that I couldn't tell them. It might get them killed, and I didn't want to be responsible for their deaths.

Follow your heart or Follow your instincts, I thought about that part of my prophecy. I shook my head and sighed, stuffing my hands into my pockets.

  I really hated choosing things.