Chapter 15 (Edited)

It was past midnight when I got back into my room. I was ready for to fall asleep, however, I had to get ready for bed first. I was so tired from doing all the stuff that I that I had to do today, that I didn't know how I could do it again. I mean, I still had school and basketball practice. I, also, had training, so that I could become the wolf part of the three clans.

I had done a lot of stuff that night. What I did was see how many pushups that I could do in ten minutes, which was a lot of them. I had to learn about the history of the Wolf Clan and how they had became. I, also, had to fight Lobo and Faolon, which left a few good marks on me, and I knew that I was going to be sore tomorrow. To top that off, I had to do this orientation thing, which included all my siblings and parents, so basically that was a lot of people. Another thing that I had to do, was start basic training with John, even though I had fought Lobo and Faolon. So all in all, I was completely wiped out.

There was a soft knock on my door, letting me know that someone was there. "Come in," I called out, putting my hair into a ponytail. I winced, because I was still so sore. However, I wasn't going to complain, because what didn't kill me, makes me stronger.

"So, how do you like it so far?" Mom asked. She came into my room, closing the door behind her. With a sigh, she sat down on my bed and studied me, raising an eyebrow.

"Tiring and painful," I replied. I sighed and shook my head, knowing that I was going to have to do more days of it.

She stayed silent for a few minutes before she raised an eyebrow. "You didn't have any homework, did you?"

I frowned, not knowing where this question was coming from. I turned from my seat and looked at her, raising an eyebrow, also. "Since when did you start caring if I had homework or not?"

"Since when you were in the first grade, and you had started homework," she replied, smiling. She sighed and shook her head, when I had rolled my eyes at her. "Actually, I knew that you did your homework, so I didn't ask about it."

"I already did my homework. I did it at school." I smiled, glad that there were some moments that we did act like a normal family, even though we weren't normal.

"Good." She sighed and patted besides her, wanting me to sit down beside her.

I obliged and sat down beside her, leaning into her while she placed an arm around my shoulder. I frowned, not knowing what tomorrow would bring. I didn't know if I would survive or not, and I hoped that I did.

"You will be fine tomorrow," she said, as if she knew what I was thinking. She squeezed my arm reassuringly.

I sighed and looked away from her, knowing that I was going to have to tell her what had happened today. A frown appeared on my face, and I looked down at my hands. "Mia and James are not my friends anymore."

"Is it because that you didn't tell them that you are the Almair and that you are different from them? Then, I guess you weren't supposed to be friends with them," she said, when I had nodded my head.

I looked up at her, surprised. She never had something like that before. She had always told me that they would be by my side. "Can I get some sleep, please? I'm going to have a long day tomorrow," I said. I needed some to think over what she had said about Mia and James. I did know what she said was true, though.

"Alright, well good night," she said, giving me a kiss on my head. She got up and walked towards the door.

"Night, Mom," I said, getting under my covers. I looked at her, watching the female that had looked after me or as long as I could remember..

She smiled and turned off the light, closing the door behind her. She didn't say a word, but she didn't have to. I knew that she loved me from the way that she looked at me. I also knew that she was proud of me.

I sighed and fell asleep, still thinking of what she had said.

A part of me knew that she was right. However, there was a part of me that still held on to the belief that Mia and James would change their minds and still be friends with me. I needed them, but I don't think that the knew that I did.

I just had to wait and see what the future held for me. I just hoped that everything would be all right in the end.