Chapter 6 (Edited)

"I see that you didn't get hurt, but did Lobo?" Faolon asked with a twinkle in his eye.

I shook my head and sat down by John. I still had the stone in my hand, and I fiddled with it, kind of nervous. This was all still new to me.

"She won't fight him, if they are just talking," John said, smiling. He glanced at me, approval in his eyes.

"So, when will she attack?" the wolf, on the other side of John, ask. The wolf, also, glanced at me, but there was this look as if he didn't like who I was.

"When someone attacks her," John said.

"Hmmm, I see," Faolon said. His eyes started to twinkle and there was this mischievous look on his face. The white on his mouth showed as he shot me a wolfie grin. His dark brown eyes studied me, as if I was the prey.

I could tell what he was going to do, so I shifted a little on my body, making sure to keep the movement soft. My body tensed, slightly, waiting for an attack, as if it was just it's own. My breathing grew softer, as I waited, making sure to keep calm.

"You might not want to do it, Faolon," John advised. "She's a fighter and can do some pretty bad damage. She accidently sent Nick to the hospital with a broken bone from throwing a plate at his shoulder.

"Does the symbol get darker?" I asked, changing the subject. I glared, playfully, at John. "You weren't supposed to say anything about that. You promised."

John grinned and his tongue lolled out his mouth. His dark ember eyes showed kindness and love for me. He didn't say anything, waiting for Faolon to comment.

Faolon chuckled at the antics of us two. "You don't want to get hurt, do you?" he asked. "It's understandable."

"I don't think it will be me who will get hurt. Don't think that you could, since I look like this. I'm pretty tough."

"She is not going to hurt him, is she, John?" the wolf asked, looking at me warily.

"It's alright, Brody. She is just talking."

So that's the wolf's name. I'm guessing I can stop calling him wolf and such. However, I didn't like the way he was looking at me. It felt as if he thought that I was some dangerous being, when I'm not. However, I think I'm supposed to be this dangerous being.

"Oh, alright," Brody said, still looking at me warily.

"So, does it get darker?" I asked, again. I was cold, wet, hungry, and tired. That doesn't do well with me, because if I am all those, then I get very grumpy. However, I was wanting to know. It had just appeared on my wrist, and it was lighter this morning than it was now.

"We'll talk about that tomorrow. Right now, I think that you need to get home and get some rest," Faolon replied. "You have to keep the stone with you at all times. It will protect you when the time comes. Tupac, can you give her the small pouch, please?" He looked at the wolf that had brought me here, before glancing back at me.

"Yes, Sir." Tupac bounded off, doing what Faolon had asked him to. After a few minutes, he came back with something in his mouth. He came in front of me and dropped it at my feet. "Place the stone in here," he said. "It'll be easy for you to take in and out.

I looked at the pouch and picked it up, studying the whole thing. It was handmade, and it was made from leather. There was a drawstring attached to the top of the pouch, where I could close the it, so that it would be secure. The pouch could be placed around my neck, so that was good. I placed the stone into the pouch and put it around my neck. It hung lower than my neckline, but it wasn't as low as my breasts. I placed it underneath my shirt and pulled my hair from underneath the string, before looking at Faolon.

"This meeting has come to an end. Everyone may leave," Faolon said, looking at the peo-err, wolves.

The wolves stood and bowed towards Faolon. They left, disappearing into the night. Some had glanced at me, but they didn't say anything, as they left.

"Come on, Martha," John said, as he got up to leave. He nodded his head goodbye to Faolon before he turned towards the house and left.

I got up and grabbed my boots. I looked back to see Brody still watching me, making me feel slightly uncomfortable. However, I didn't say anything to him, following John towards the house, trying to remember the way.