Chapter 5 (Edited)

I walked until I came upon a lake, seeing Lobo sitting besides it and looked at the water. I walked slowly to where he was and sat down beside him.

He flicked his ear towards me, but that was all the indication he had showed towards me. "Why are you here?" Lobo asked.

"I want to be here," I replied. I sighed and shook my head. "I know how you feel about someone you care about dies, and they are not there anymore."

"Ya right. You don't know how it feels, so why don't you just leave me the hell alone," he said getting up. He growled and started to walk away.

I looked down and closed my eyes. "You feel pain, hurt, sad, mad that they are dead and leaving you alone-" I paused and looked at Lobo "-I have felt that before."

He paused and looked at me. His eyes held so much pain, and it felt as if I was looking at me when I had lost the person that had helped me the most.

"You wish that you were dead and not them. I know how you feel, because I have felt it." I knew that he thought my life was all uppity and perfect but it wasn't, and I don't think it will ever be.

He sat down but didn't turn to look at me. "Who did you lose?" he asked.

"His name was Kalron Yin. He was my karate teacher since I was four years old, and he died when I was ten years old. He could make me laugh, and he could make me cry. He never yelled at me, nor did he raise his voice. He pushed me to be the female that I am now." I shook my head and sighed. "To this day, I still miss him."

"Did the pain go away?" he asked, looking at me.

I shook my head. "No, but I have found people that miss him, also and, I just talk to them. Two of my best friends were in the same karate class as me. I talk to them, if the pain is really bad."

"I have no one to talk to," Lobo said, turning away from me.

"Yes, you do," I said, firmly. I looked at him, staying silent.

"Who can I talk to? My wife and my daughter died. I have no other children," he said, looking back at me. His anger was growing, and he narrowed his eyes at me. His ears were flat against his head.

My nostrils flared a little as my anger started to grow. I gritted my teeth and narrowed my eyes. "You have me to talk to you. I will listen to you or help you with anything that you need. All you need to do is ask."

"But you're the Almair. Why do you want to help someone like me?"

"Because, if it wasn't for Master Yin, I wouldn't be talking or walking like other children. I would still be limping and not knowing how to speak."

Lobo looked at me, surprised. "What do you mean by that?"

"I didn't speak until I was four. And, I broke my leg when I was two years old, and the doctors-" I paused, shaking my head "-said that I wouldn't be able to walk like normal children. I wouldn't be able to do sports and play like other kids do, because it had healed crooked. Master Yin worked with me. He taught me that I was still growing and it will correct itself." I looked at my leg and sighed. "He was right. I don't have a problem with it, even though I sometimes do limp."

"That doesn't mean why you want to help me."

"Because, I do," I said, stubbornly setting my jaw. "I don't know what the Almairs do, but I know I help anything no matter who or what it is. And, I don't want to get on anyone's bad side. I need all the help I can get."

"Hmph."  He looked away from me, not wanting to look at me.

"Okay, just tell me when you would like to talk, and I'll be there listen." I stood up, not going to fight with him. I turned around and started to leave, going the way that I had came.

He sighed and looked up at me. "Do you really mean it?" he asked.

I could tell that he wanted me to. I nodded my head. "I mean what I say. I keep my promises."

"Thank you," he said, looking at the lake.

I sensed it was my time to leave, so I did, staying silent. I hoped that he could trust me, as I had trusted him not to hurt me.

In the mean time, I just have to wait and see what will happen. Never know, I might end up trusting him.