i knew the boyfriend thing would have him shocked.

"that was so awkward." tara said after he walked away.

"agreed. i used to hook up with him and then he just found out i had a boyfriend so." i said to her as we walked over, dipping our feet in the pool.

we laughed about the situation for a bit, just hanging out outside.

"there's my girl." i heard from behind me as colby hugged me.

"hi baby. you settling in okay?" i asked him.

"perfectly. i even took a nap. your bed up there is beyond comfy." he said back

colby sat, his legs wrapped around me, his feet also in the water. we sat and watched the beginning of the sunset.

tara eventually went in because she was hungry.

we sat out there and talked about life for a bit until i heard a scoff come from the adams yard.

"excuse me?" i asked liam as his friend snickered.

"oh adelaide don't tell me you love that kid." he said chuckling. "i bet he's just another hook up. just like i was." he said.

"liam stop it. i love him. i was... in a bad place last time i was here. you knew that i was upset and you took advantage of that situation. thanks for basically calling me a whore." i said, grabbing colbys hand, getting ready to walk inside. however colby didn't walk with me.

"dude i don't know or care who the fuck you are but you will not talk to my girl like that ever again. whatever you two had is clearly over so just leave her alone." colby said to liam.

liam was clearly shocked that colby talked back as he just stood there. colby grabbed my hand, walking back into the house.

"who was that?" colby asked, clearly upset.

"um that was liam adams. gracie's older cousin. i hooked up with him a couple times right after my break up with bryce. it was never more than a hook up though. i promise." i told him, telling him the full truth.

he sighed deeply replying with an "okay." before walking back upstairs. i grabbed a water out of the fridge, following him.

"i'm gonna get a shower. i feel gross from the plane." i said grabbing my silk robe that i keep here.

"care if i join?" colby asked, getting off of the bed.

"please do." i said smiling at him as he followed me into the bathroom.

colby washed my hair for me while we were in the shower and then we both got out and dried off.

"i'm so tired." i said washing my face wash off.

"same baby. it's only 11 though." there's only an hour time difference between us and home so in LA it's only 10.

"i'm just ready for bed." i said, colby agreeing as i laid down in my bed.

he also laid on the bed, pulling the back of my body into his. fleetwood mac was lightly playing in the background from my speaker.

"good night angel. i love you so much." he said kissing me again

"goodnight baby. i love you" i said back

february 13th

"good morning ad." colby said smiling at the bottom of the bed.

he was already awake and ready to go.

"good morning." i said pausing for a minute while thinking "you're so cute. you look all badass but you're really just a big teddy bear." i said giggling.

"don't call me that ever again adelaide." he said laughing while sitting on the bed next to me.

"cmon bear don't be so mean." i giggled, kissing him.

"damn i love you." he said kissing me back.

"i love you more bear" i said grinning as i hopped up to go put a swimsuit on so we could go out to the beach

i ran into the bathroom, throwing on a basic black bikini.

"you ready to go, bear?" i asked. he groaned at the nickname but nodded, grabbing my hand.

we walked out onto the private beach. setting our stuff down on the pool chairs we had.

"oh crap i forgot my hydro flask. do you want me to grab one for you too?" i asked him, standing back out from the chair.

he said yes so i went on the short journey back up to the house.

i passed Mrs. adams standing in her back yard, drinking coffee. i tried to ignore her until i heard her call out.

"adelaide sweetie is that you?" she asked, i turned on my feet, forcing a smile

"hi mrs adams! howre you?" i asked her.

"i'm good dear. thank you for asking. howre you? kenzie told me that you and gracie moved in together." kenzie was gracies cousin

"i've been good... yeah, gracie and i moved in with a couple of our friends. it's been pretty good." i said

"any new boys in your life?" she was always so personal.

"i uh do have a boyfriend. his name is colby. he's staying with me down here." i said

she nodded, telling me goodbye before walking back into her home.

okay skip vday and the rest of the trip cause i feel like that's so boring and my friend who normally writes the bad parts can't rn so i'm sorry but there's gonna be tea in the upcoming chapters haha