━━ chapter three.

Start from the beginning

"Shoot now." Ileana commanded the soldier. He shoots the gun, purposely missing Vers. Vers retaliates, shooting energy from her hands, damaging the concrete barrier protecting Ileana and her comrade.

"Run now. I'll distract her." Ileana said. The soldier disguises himself, slipping away as Ileana uses her Skrull powers to change back into the surfer form she previously took. Running along the rooftops, she looks back to see Vers catching up to her. If it's a chase she wants, it's a chase she will get.

Ileana runs up escalator leading to the train tracks. She notices Vers staring at her from afar, running up the moving stairs. The train comes to a stop, people exiting and boarding. An elderly woman bumps shoulders with Ileana, the Skrull woman apologising and making sure the elderly woman was alright. Ileana boards the train, noticing Vers running up towards the train. The two individuals stare at each Vers, anger clear across Vers' face. Ileana moves further along the train, pushing past people and apologising for her rude behaviour. She needed a good disguise and fast. An idea popped up in her mind, as she discreetly changes her form before sitting on the cushioned seats in the train.

▬▬▬▬▬▬

VERS ENTERS the train after managing to hang onto the outside of the moving train. Several passengers stare at her in fear. Vers looks at each individual's face, hoping to track Ileana. She moves the book away from they face of an elderly man, muttering the words "true believers" as they exchanged heartfelt smiles. Vers ventures deeper into the train, entering the next compartment. Vers scans the room with her eyes, noticing no familiar face. That is until she recognised a face she encountered not long ago. The elderly woman she saw leaving the train. Vers faces the elderly woman sitting down, seeing the woman smile innocently at her.

"You're not fooling me, Ileana." Vers said, punching her straight in the face. The passengers gasped, one individual beginning to restrain Vers.

"What the hell is wrong with you!" a woman shouts out. Ileana faces Vers once again, cracking her knuckles before she kicks Vers in the abdomen, throwing Vers backwards to hit the seats across. The civilians in the train continue to gasp in utter shock. Vers grabs ahold of Ileana, throwing her body upwards to hit the ceiling. Ileana groans in annoyance, escaping as Vers is once again restrained by passengers on the train. Vers breaks their hold on her, as Ileana spins her body around while holding onto the pole to land another kick at Vers.

"I don't want to fight you." Ileana mumbled.

"You give me no choice." Vers said, tackling Ileana to the ground. Vers punches her straight in the face, Ileana cheeks throbbing in pain. Before she could land another punch, Vers was once again restrained by the passengers on the train. Ileana used this as her chance to escape, she throws the crystal containing Vers' extracted memories on the ground, before shifting forms once again, taking over the form of a man. Ileana leaps upwards, through the roof before landing on top of the moving train. Vers climbs up the roof hatch, before being kicked back by Ileana.

Ileana runs along the top of the train, before being thrown back once she gets shocked. Vers pulls her up on her feet, throwing punches at Ileana which she dodges before kicking Vers off the train. Vers hangs along the sides, dangling a few feet from the tracks. Ileana looks forward, seeing a tunnel up ahead, using this as her chance to escape. She jumps off the moving train just before it reaches the tunnel, as well as missing Vers' incoming energy attack.

Reaching the train stop in the tunnel, Ileana changes her form once again to blend into the environment with the rest of the civilians. Despite the few bruises she obtained, it was enough time for her to distract Vers.

▬▬▬▬▬▬

KELLER WATCHES as the doctor dissects the body of the alien Nick Fury encountered. The green skin illuminated by the pale white light of the examining lamp. Keller looks up to see Fury applying ice to his eye, as he hops off from his seat on the medical table. The doctor exits the room, holding the heart of the alien in his hands.

"So you're saying this thing looked like Coulson?" Keller asked.

"Talked like him too." Fury added.

"And you said there were more?"

"Yes."

"What's your plan?" Keller asked.

"I'll find the girl behind this. I found info on a motorcycle thief who fits her description." Fury answered.

"Good. I suggest you take Agent Miller with you for backup. I trust her." Keller said.

"Lyra Miller? Are you sure?"

"Yes."

"Okay then." Fury tosses the ice bag on the medical table, before leaving the room. Hearing the door shut, Keller looks behind him. Ileana enters the light, taking on a new form. Out of the people she disguised herself as, she enjoyed this form the most.

"Make sure you bring her back alive." Keller said.

"Yes...Talos." Ileana disguised as Lyra Miller said.

"She has the crystal?" Talos disguised as Keller asked.

"Yes."

"She will lead us to what we've been looking for. Now go." Talos said.

▬▬▬▬▬▬

UNEDITED

▬▬▬▬▬▬

AUTHOR'S NOTE
10 / 07 / 2019

well. um it was a mess but i haven't updated this
in a while so it will get better i hope. i need to finish this
and my endgame fic soon. damn procrastination!

 damn procrastination!