𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄.

𝗣𝗥𝗢𝗟𝗢𝗚𝗨𝗘❝ 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐂𝐄 ❞

𝗣𝗥𝗢𝗟𝗢𝗚𝗨𝗘
 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐂𝐄 ❞

FLASHES OF what seemed like distant memories. Images of being injured on a desolate planet. Vers stares out of the window in her living quarters, the vast structures of the capital city of Kree. Hala. A knock sounds on the door, strolling towards it as it slides open. On the other end, Vers smiles once she sees a face she loved to look at. She stares at the beautiful woman staring back at her. A smile spreads across the other woman's own face. Vers pulls the other woman by the sleeve of her shirt, as the door closes behind them.

"I missed you." Vers smiled, her arms wrapping around the woman's waist.

"I missed you too." the woman said.

"Ileana. You know, you can always stay with me in my living quarters." Vers sighed.

"Yon-Rogg is against such emotions Vers." Ileana pointed out.

"Then, it's going to be our little secret." Vers smirked, her lips inches away from Ileana's own.  She craved the feeling to kiss Vers whenever she was around her. Soon their lips meet, the warmth of being safe around someone she loved. Ileana did not want this to end.

Her eyes fly open, noticing her environment changed. She dreamed of the entire moment of being held by Vers. Ileana rolls out of her bed, stretching her body out. She knew it was impossible for her to be with Vers. The women spoke about their feelings towards one another. However, Vers decided it was best for the both of them to move past their feelings. Yon-Rogg instilled the idea into Vers about showing no sort of emotion. Sadly, love was an emotion on its own. Ileana pulls on her Starforce uniform, the emerald green color shining against the rays of light bleeding through her living quarters window. The door slides open, stepping out as she hears the faint noises of what seemed to be Vers and their leader Yon-Rogg sparring together.

She watches from afar, noticing the pure frustration clear on Vers' face. The glowing energy surging around the fist she held up against Yon-Rogg. Ileana leans against the pillars, as Yon-Rogg and Vers continued throwing punches and kicks at each other. With ease, their leader restrains Vers. This is not going to end well. Ileana watched as Vers shoots a photon beam at Yon-Rogg, knocking him backwards before falling with a loud thud on the floor.

"You need to control your emotions, Vers." Yon-Rogg glared at her. His line of sight shifts from Vers towards Ileana herself. His body relaxes, waving his hand as he calls Ileana towards them.

"Enjoy the show, Ileana?" he asked sternly. Despite being their leader, Ileana hated Yon-Rogg. She had her reasons to.

"I was observing your fighting techniques, sir." Ileana said, a tone of harshness in her voice.

"Very well. Vers, I expect you to see the Supreme Intelligence. I believe you are ready." Yon-Rogg said. Vers nodded as Yon-Rogg leaves the two females alone together in the training room.

"He's letting you join the team?" Ileana asked.

"It depends on the Supreme Intelligence." Vers curtly responded.

"Vers..." Ileana hated how easily Vers moved on.

"Now is not the time to talk about...our feelings, Ileana." Vers blankly stared at her.

"Did you even love me, Vers?"

"Serving Starforce is more important, Ileana."

"Very well. I hope you enjoy your time on the team. I don't even know why I fell in love with you." Ileana bluntly said.

"We didn't love each other. It was infatuation." Vers stared at her before leaving Ileana alone in the training room. She hated what Vers had become. However, she could not hate the woman. A woman who did not know the bigger picture and how important she will be in the war.

▬▬▬▬▬▬

UNEDITED

▬▬▬▬▬▬

AUTHOR'S NOTE
11 / 03 / 2019

first chapter is here! prepare for some relationship angst in the beginning. hopefully this chapter turned out alright and not super messy. anyway, thanks for reading as always and stay tuned for more updates!

 anyway, thanks for reading as always and stay tuned for more updates!