━━ chapter three.

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗛𝗥𝗘𝗘❝ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐒𝐄 ❞

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗛𝗥𝗘𝗘
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐒𝐄 ❞

HER BODY aimlessly spins in the air, once her escape pod breaks apart after entering the planet's atmosphere. She could not orientate herself in the correct manner, before her body collided with what seemed to be the roof of a building. Vers groans, carefully getting up in her feet before stretching her sore body out. She scans her environment only to find herself in a place named Blockbuster.

She steps out of the store, heading into the parking lot of an unrecognisable area. Vers checks her scanner on her arm, realising her current location was the planet called Earth. She had to find a way of contacting Yon-Rogg. It was important to inform him about the infiltration of a Skrull. Vers hated herself. She let herself fall for the enemy. The next time she sees Ileana, she would not back down.

▬▬▬▬▬▬

ILEANA WATCHES from afar, seeing the various cars filling the parking lot. She notices Vers communicating to who she presumes to be Yon-Rogg. Talos joins her side, tapping her shoulder, as Ileana moves out of sight. The Skrull leader and second in command surveyed the people of Earth, adapting their looks to blend in. It was the only way Vers would not track them so easily.

During her time with Starforce, Ileana disguised herself to appear Kree, opting for the blue Kree skin to hide her green Skrull identity. Once they landed on Earth, she changed her appearance to that of an individual clad in a swimsuit made for surfing. Her other compatriots followed suit.

"We need a plan." Ileana said.

"Indeed but we need a way to distract her." Talos said. Cars fill the parking lot, before Ileana and Talos notices two men stepping out of the vehicle. They appeared to look like law enforcement officers but in a sense, Ileana knew they weren't ordinary officers.

"Who are those men?" she asked.

"They seem to be agents of an organization." Talos informs her.

"What do you suggest we do as of now?"

"Find a way of distracting Vers. I'll handle the rest." Ileana nods in agreement, departing from the hill overlooking the parking lot. She regroups with a fellow Skrull soldier, handing him a blaster.

"We do not need to kill her. Make sure to send a warning shot. Do not shoot at Vers. Understood?" Ileana said.

"Yes." the soldier said. Ileana looks back to the parking lot from a different angle. If this was the only way of getting through to Vers, so be it. She watches Vers conversing with the civilians of Earth, seeing the cocky smile across the woman's lips. She was still the same Vers. The blonde haired woman eyes meet Ileana's own, widening in shock.