"Aren't you kinky? I didn't know you preferred having an audience when you performed." I mentally cringe; being snarky to the man won't make friends! It's not his fault my brain just cloaked this little gem of information. At the most inconvenient times. Digger moves his eyes wide, a grin takes over his features; the well maintained beard hiding most of his jaw. Boisterous laughter slips from his bulky body; vibrating from deep in his chest. Another firm pinch is delivered to my side and I jump.

"Would you quit that! Damn, I was going tell you." I squirm in his lap, the slight sting on my side isn't pleasant. The trial-and-error process for usernames and passwords starts; each time I see the red text at the top I glower; I want to growl. If I'm not careful, I'll sound like Axel. Now that would be interesting. Digger snickers at us; I glare at him, directing my anger at him. "Don't make me throw something at you, Digger!" There's a hefty paperweight I wouldn't mind hurling at his smug face. I shake my head and stare at the computer; time for a new combination.

"Baby G." Axel threatens, his voice lowers to a deep warning tone; it makes me slump.

"I went to take a nap, only I couldn't fall asleep. My thoughts ran wild, and I got to thinking about that night; I wanted to remember something. Be useful." I answer with a shrug, my eyes glued to the screen as the red text pops up. Again. I have to rack my brain for another combination; I'm running out of ideas.

"I take it you remembered something?" I nod, ashamed, I hate to think all of this is my fault. If only I could remember this damn security system before, then maybe we wouldn't have these issues. Be real, this was going to come up and bite me.

"I remember there were a few things that made me uneasy; I just figured it was my paranoia acting up. It's not strange, not for me." Paranoia has always been something I've been plagued with, since I was rescued; it was the worst in the beginning. Everywhere I looked, I'd imagine members of the Night Wolves would stalk me, waiting to kidnap me. To drag me back to my personal hell.

"Paranoia?" Digger asks, he rests his elbows on his knees, curious now; the mischievous look in his eyes replaced with a calm.

"When I was younger, even to this day, I'd think they'd be toying with me. Things in the house would move, or disappear; sometimes the covers on my bed would be wrinkled. I'd imagine it was them trying to taunt me. It was stupid. An overactive imagination." I offer a shrug as I try another password; if it comes down to it, I'll just call the company.

"What did you see that made you paranoid?" It's Axel's turn to question me; my head hurts.

"There was some mud on the step, but there was some stupid flyer for a carnival. Then I thought the garden looked different; I don't stare at it, so I can't be sure. I had to call the dogs in; when I deactivated the alarm; I figured it couldn't hurt to check the cameras." What person goes that far from town to place a carnival flyer to a door? It didn't make sense, but I suppose it's not all that far out of bounds.

"The cameras?" I can hear the curious note in Digger's voice. And he thinks I'm an idiot. It's not like he's the only one, he just doesn't care to hide it.

"My parents installed a security system when I was younger because of my paranoia. We had a few cameras installed, not in every room, just the main ones and my room." I shake my head and stare at the screen this time it's taking longer to load; did I get right? The entire page changes, my heart drops; I have to watch it. Can I? I don't know if I have the guts to stomach it; as a matter a fact, it's probably a bad idea to even attempt it. Suck it up; you're a big girl. Small files line the screen, it always saves in week long increments.

As I click on the last file my stomach drops as I see the variety of camera feeds; all of them sit on a black screen at the moment. They all died. No shit sherlock; did I expect anything else? I shouldn't have. My stomach churns as I pull up the two outdoor cameras; one stationed above the driveway and the other on the covered porch. As I look over the selection of cameras, I grab three others; the kitchen, livingroom, and the entryway.

I stare at the black screens, stomach churns as I type in the date and time; my hands shake more with each key. I have to watch it. "Are you sure it was paranoia?" Axel breaks the silence, his hand rests on my thigh. I turn to look at him for a moment. What else would it be? I don't voice my question; my heart can't take the answer to that. Call me a scaredy-cat, or whatever; I don't want to evaluate that thought. If he's right? A shiver dances down my spine, an unwelcome feeling. I hit play on the multiple camera feeds moments before I arrived home.

One camera shows the road, one car drives by, continues onto their destination; my stomach churns as I see my headlights. I park my car and open my door, Dozer bounces out over me, happy to be free of the confines of the car. This is terrifying. I watch myself go through the motions of that night. I let Hulk and Lily out; Hulk pauses and lifts his nose in the air, I realize now how his muscles tense, the way he stood. He was pointing towards the garden. Something had changed. As I walk up the steps I pause and stare at the mud stains; I looked panicked before I stare at the door. I roll my eyes, figures.

The sounds of the room dampen, like I'm under water. As I stare at the screen my heart pounds; I open the doors and my dogs run inside. It's going to happen. I can't do anything; my lungs burn, tears come to my eyes as my chest tightens impossibly. "Angel, take a deep breath." Axel touches my back and I flinch away, my eyes locked on the screen; two black shadows approach the house, one stops by my car as the other moves up the steps. This was planned, I was meant to die. I'm hysterical, my hands shake as I rock myself, my stomach churns; I don't want to hear.

Headlights illuminate the road, singular round spotlight beams; bikes. There are so many. "Digger, get Lily." Axel's hand moves to the desk, slamming into the spacebar as he pushes away from the desk. Small black dots line my vision; I'm frozen in place. "Baby G, it's ok they aren't here, they can't get you." Axel touches my arm and a gut wrenching sob slips past my lips, I can't stop my shaking. I can't win. I'll never win. It's been years, I'll never be free of their horrible torment.