Worried (SFW)

I found this sitting in my wips so here you go I finished it really quickly just breaking the word count 🤷‍♀️

1020 Words

"Kawaii-Chan went home early," Aphmau smiled nicely, patting him on the shoulder. Zane paused. Aphmau watched as his expression changed, and shook her head. "I'm sure she's alright, she told you, didn't she?" Aphmau asked, touching him on the shoulder. Zane remained silent, and put his drink to the table. No, she didn't tell me.

"I'm going to go see what's wrong." Zane finally said, brushing past the woman before turning over his shoulder. "Thanks for inviting us to the party," Aphmau shook her head and grabbed his arm.

"Listen, she's probably fine, Zane. You don't have to leave." Aphmau tried. Zane looked the woman up and down, who was well on her fourth drink. He didn't think so.

"No really, it's alright. I need to make sure she's okay," Zane explained as nicely as he possibly could. Aphmau didn't understand. He needed to get home to her. He hadn't even realized that she left. She hadn't told him. There was something wrong—she was always with him and now suddenly she wasn't..

He pushed past the large group of people Aphmau had invited. All that mattered now was the front door and who stood in the way of it. He was only a step close when yet another person grabbed his arm, stopping him in his tracks. He turned angrily, but stopped short on whatever he was going to say next.

"Hey, are you alright? You look like you're going to kill someone," his brother said, his hold practically an iron grip. Zane paused, finally realizing how tense he was. Realized how crazy he probably looked, although it didn't take him much to be described as such.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Something's wrong with KC, so I'm going to go check on her," Zane replied softly. His brother simply nodded, letting him go immediately. He'd witnessed time and time again how protective he was of her, and knew after countless times not to interfere. Zane sighed with relief.

"Thanks," he breathed. "I'll talk to you later." Zane rushed out of the door without a second to spare.

"Sure." Garroth replied to air, turning back over his shoulder to the people he was talking to. Thankfully, he and Nana didn't live too far away from Aphmau's house. She must've walked home by herself. While it shouldn't have grinded Zane's gears as much as it did—she was allowed to walk places by herself, and it was still light out—it was late out this summer night and the last thing he wanted was for her to be vulnerable with no one to lean on this late.

Zane was at the door in seconds. They lived a few houses down. "Nana?" He called out, entering their house and locking the door behind him. For a few seconds there was no answer, and halfway through him tearing up the stairs there was a pitiful response from their bedroom.

"In here." She said, only just loud enough for him to hear. He felt himself relax just at the sound of her voice. She was here. She was safe.

He found her curled up on their bed, knees to her chest. Her cheeks were red and her eyes were puffy.

"What happened?" He murmured, his question coming out more as a growl than he intended. Whoever made her cry had another thing coming—but she didn't need to know that. He sat down at her feet, keeping his distance but still close enough to comfort her. Nana shook her head, not looking up from her phone.

"Nothing... Kawaii-Chan was just careless.." she said, her voice soft. Zane grew protective immediately. What happened and who the hell did it? It wasn't a good sign that she was back in the third person either.

"You need to tell me, Nana. I swear that I won't do anything I just need to know." He promised, hand on her ankle. "I hate knowing that you're not okay, I mean is there anyway I can—"

"My sister," she said, cutting him off sharply. She was furious and on the verge of tears again. "My third oldest sister had a baby and I didn't even know," she said, finally. Zane relaxed, despite himself. Zane had only met her parents once or twice—once just to meet them, and twice at their very recent wedding—but her siblings were a different story. There were so many and only a few were actually within a twenty mile radius come to their wedding.

"I'm sorry, Kitten," Zane grabbed her hands, threading them as he got closer and looked up at her. "How old are they?"

"Only a few months.. but that means she's been pregnant for about a year!"

"Hey, Hey, don't worry about it. How about you call your sister, and we'll visit this weekend." Zane offered, making Nana's eyes go wide.

"But.. But I haven't talked to her in years..."

"Then how about we change that, hmm?" Zane asked, getting to his feet and closing the gap, hugging her to his chest. He relaxed as her arms wrapped around his torso.

"I'm sorry for not telling you where I went." Zane couldn't help but chuckle a little.

"Oh Nana, that's okay. You were upset. And hey, I found you. And now that we've left the party, what say you and I watch a movie once you've called or texted your sister? Your choice."

Nana smiled, and wiped her tears away in her sleeve. "You're the best husband ever."

Zane laughed, leaning over and pinning her to the bed, playfully tickling her. "I know." He smirked, his voice deep and dark as he dropped to a more evil, playful tone. She shrieked with laughter, and to Zane's relief the tears dissipated. She kissed him, snapping him out of his thoughts.

"I love you." She smiled, hazel eyes shining, her cheeks bright pink. Zane could melt.

"I love you too." He said. With a kiss to her forehead, he left in search for popcorn.