Meet the Preston Lake Riders!

Hi guys! This is one of several stories I will be posting centering around a group of teenagers who board their horses and ride together. There will be some romance, comedy, and of course tears. I thought I'd take a moment to introduce the characters, though they won't all be in every story, depending on whether they'd started riding at DHS yet.

Melissa West: Tall and has long straight light blonde hair. 16 years old. Has a black thoroughbred named Eclipse, whom she rescued from an abusive owner. Loves show jumping and baking. Wants to be an Olympic rider. Also has a dalmatian puppy named Marshall.

Lynn Matthews: Smart girl with wavy dark blonde hair. 16 years old. Has a chestnut stallion named Marmalade. She loves all things geeky and/or paranormal. She also loves emo and indie bands. Lynn is currently dating Zane.

Josie Richards: Has brown hair that she usually wears in braided pigtails. 15 years old. Has a bay mare named Muffin. She is kind of shy, but she's great friends with all the other riders. She gets emotional easily. Wants to be a zookeeper.

Denae Smith: Short for her age and of Asian ancestry. 13 years old. Has a Dartmoor pony named Prince. Enjoys dressing up her pony and photography. Best friends with Lynn. Extremely friendly.

Inez Davis: Slightly curvy, has long wavy brown hair and freckles. 15 years old. Has a palomino mare named Petal. Lives on a ranch; used to be afraid of horses due to a childhood incident but her friends at Preston Lake helped her get over her fear. A comedy queen, she enjoys playing pranks on her friends. She gets away with a lot of poorly timed jokes because everyone loves her. She is also incredibly good at giving crush advice, despite not having a significant other of her own. Has a pug named Gizmo.

Zane Carter: Tall, incredibly handsome blonde boy. 16 years old. Has an espresso brown gelding named Spartan. When he was 13, he was in a freak car accident that left him with a scar on his right shoulder, another on his torso, and a broken leg. He started riding as soon as he recovered to help deal with the emotional trauma, which is how he met Spartan. Because of his past experiences, he's extremely optimistic and survival savvy. He always looks for the best in life, because he knows he could have died three years ago. He is currently dating Lynn.

Tom Fields: Brown haired British kid. 16 years old. Very shy around anyone but Josie, who he is in love with. Secretly very good at singing, songwriting, and playing guitar. Has a miniature Shetland named Cooper. Since he can't ride Cooper, he rides a Tinker mare named Mango.

Mabel Preston: Riding instructor. Has a strong mothering instinct towards all her riders and will do anything to help them out. She has a St. Bernard named Lancelot, a duck (rescued by Melissa) named Chica, and a Trakhener gelding named Apache. Has a good sense of humor, which occasionally leads to prank wars with Inez.