031. Daytime Brawl

╒══════════════════╕Chapter Thirty-OneDaytime Brawl╘══════════════════╛

Chapter Thirty-One
Daytime Brawl
╘══════════════════╛

     "YOU LOOK TERRIBLE," SWEET PEA SAID WHEN HE SAW TORI sitting on the bleachers with a copy of The Riverdale Register in her hand.

     "Gee, thanks! That's exactly what I needed to hear," Tori said sarcastically before rolling her eyes.

     "I'm sorry, but you really look like hell," Sweet Pea chuckled as he sat down.

     "That's what happens when you're running on zero sleep and countless cups of iced coffees," Tori said while shrugging her shoulders.

     She probably had everyone else fooled, but not him. He could tell that she tried to cover the dark circles under her eyes with makeup but it didn't work as well as she hoped it would.

     "You know I can see through your makeup, right?" he asked.

     "So? Who's going to care about some girl trying to hide the fact that she barely slept for over a week?"

     "You haven't slept for over a week?"

     "Correction, I barely slept for over a week. The key word is barely."

     "And that's supposed to make it better?"

     "It doesn't matter, Sweet Pea. Besides, I didn't ask you to meet me here to talk about my sleeping patterns."

     There were a lot of things she wanted to talk about but she didn't have enough time to get it all out in the open.

     "Is this about opening night and what happened backstage?" Sweet Pea asked.

     "Sweet Pea, we kissed. Was it all a mistake?" Tori asked.

     She looked at Sweet Pea who seemed to be trying to find the right words to say. In all honesty, she was hoping that it wasn't a mistake and that the kiss wasn't meant for someone else. But what if it was? What was she supposed to do if it was a mistake and never meant to happen?

     "None of it was a mistake, Tori," Sweet Pea said as they held eye contact. "You were never a mistake."

     "That's good to hear because I was really hoping that it wasn't a mistake and that it was all real," Tori said nervously as she fidgeted with her fingers.