027. A Night of Tragedy

╒══════════════════╕Chapter Twenty-SevenA Night of Tragedy╘══════════════════╛

╒══════════════════
Chapter Twenty-Seven
A Night of Tragedy
╘══════════════════╛

     WHEN TORI ARRIVED TO FOURTH PERIOD BIOLOGY, she sat in her assigned seat and put her bag down. She didn't bother to look for Toni, Cheryl or even MF and just opened her binder while holding a pen in her hand. But none of that mattered if she couldn't keep up with the lesson and although she wasn't exactly processing anything like she was supposed to, she still wrote everything down so she could hopefully understand it all later when she wasn't suffocating in a room full of people.

     When the class was over, she quickly packed all of her stuff and grabbed her bag from the floor. She hurried out of the classroom and started making her way towards her locker but was stopped by someone who had placed their hand on her shoulder. Her muscles tensed as she quickly turned around to face them but relaxed when she had realized that it was only Cheryl.

     "You've been MIA for weeks now, Tori. What gives?" she asked.

     "I've been at rehearsals and using every free time I have to practice for the musical that is coming in three days from now," Tori said bluntly while shrugging her shoulders.

     "If you ask me, the musical won't be as good because the hag who happens to be my mother feeds off of broken dreams and wouldn't let me participate," Cheryl said while rolling her eyes.

     "I forgot to ask, why is she so against you being in the musical?" Tori asked.

     "Who knows anymore? Nevermind that. You're so busy with the musical that you couldn't find the time to just say hi?"

     "I'm sorry, but Kevin is really high strung about this musical no matter how many times I tell him to slow down and breathe."

     "The only person keeping me company anymore is Toni," Cheryl said with her arms crossed.

     "Look, when this musical is over, I will have all the free time in the world but right now, I just can't. Besides, you like Toni, don't you?" Tori asked.

     "Of course I do. She took me out for diner to that nice restaurant and we have another date scheduled for tonight," Cheryl said cheerfully.

     "Glad to know you're having fun, and I will see you guys tomorrow," Tori said as she turned around and walked away.

     She made the stop at her locker to switch her textbooks and slammed her locker shut. She noticed MF down the hallway with Eden right next to her and she swallowed thickly at the two of them and how intimidating they looked to other people. She assumed that they were really close friends and that maybe Eden was the unfamiliar voice with Toni and MF right around the corner earlier that day.