016. Family History

╒══════════════════╕Chapter SixteenFamily History╘══════════════════╛

Chapter Sixteen
Family History
╘══════════════════╛

     "WAIT A MINUTE, YOU WANT ME TO DO WHAT?" Tori asked while looking at Kevin Keller who sat across from her at one of the tables in the cafeteria.

     "I would like for you to star in the upcoming 'Carrie' musical I'm planning and directing," the pale boy said while smiling.

     "You're asking me to be in your musical?" Tori questioned slowly.

     "Yes, Tori. I've heard you sing and I've seen you dance but you just don't do it as much as you used to," Kevin said.

     "Things change, Kevin."

     "And I understand that. But I am personally asking you to be a part of this musical. It'll be fun, just like in elementary school."

     Tori threw her head back while chuckling at the memories of the smaller versions of themselves participating in school plays and the silly costumes they would wear for the roles they were casted as. Tori remembered how Kevin always got a little stage fright so instead of being the one in the play, he wanted to be the one behind it.

     "We were amateurs in elementary school," Tori said while crossing her arms and leaning her arms on the table.

     "And now we're in high school where I can direct the musical how I want it instead of the teachers cause let's face it, they just made the good stuff really cringy as hell," Kevin said while his nose was scrunched up in disgust.

     "Kevin, are you sure about this? It's been a while since I sang and I haven't danced for anything unless it was just a random moment with my favourite songs," Tori said while fidgeting with her fingers.

     "Nothing that a few days of practice and rehearsals won't be able to fix," Kevin said while smiling comfortingly. "Although the decision is totally up to you."

     "Can I at least have some time to think about it?" Tori asked.

     "Of course, but I need to know by Friday so I can start putting together the cast list and posters," Kevin said.

     Tori nodded and Kevin left to go find his friends leaving the dark haired girl to sit by herself with her thoughts. Those thoughts were interrupted when a certain raven haired girl who went by the name Veronica Lodge sat right in front of her with a smile on her face but Tori could tell it was fake.

     "Can I help you?" Tori asked slowly.

     "You can help me understand because I'm having a little trouble understanding why you are so comfortable hanging out with the Serpents," Veronica said calmly but Tori could see that the young Lodge girl was faking everything.