019. A Sixty Minute Lesson

╒══════════════════╕Chapter NineteenA Sixty Minute Lesson╘══════════════════╛

Chapter Nineteen
A Sixty Minute Lesson
╘══════════════════╛

     "TORI, WAIT UP," CHERYL CALLED AS SHE CHASED AFTER THE SMALLER FRAMED GIRL.

     Tori stopped and turned around to let the redhead catch up to her in the hallway.

     "Hey, Cheryl" Tori said, forcing a smile

     "I was hoping you remembered the River Vixens meeting after school to recruit new members," Cheryl said gently, hoping to ease Tori into the topic.

     "I'm sorry, Cheryl, I forgot all about it," Tori stumbled over her words as she tried to get them out. "I haven't even thought of a routine yet."

     "Toni offered to help you at lunch. She wants you both to tryout together and she has some moves down. Just meet up with her at lunch and she'll help you out."

     "Cheryl, there's no way I can learn an entire routine in one hour."

     "Tori, you are one of the fastest learners I know and I believe you can do this. And it could also help you release whatever it is that's been bothering you after biology class," Cheryl said. She reached out to place her hand on Tori's shoulder but she only flinched, making Cheryl jerk her hand back. Cheryl sighed, "Just think about it. I would really like to have you there with me."

     Tori only nodded as she tugged on the ends of her sleeves of her sweatshirt. Cheryl smiled softly and started walking away to her next class while Tori fidgeted with the strap of her bag. She made her way to her English class and sat down without so much as a word to anyone. She didn't even pay any attention to Reggie who continued to act like she was the problem of their relationship when talking to another member of the football team. It was just her luck when the class was put into groups of three and she happened to be grouped with Reggie and the unnamed Bulldog. She grabbed her pen and notebook and walked over to join the two football players while telling herself that the sooner they get the assignment done, the sooner she can get back to her spot and away from them.

     "I don't have the patience to deal with your bullshit and your lies right now so let's just get this over with," Tori said before Reggie could even open his mouth to speak. "The faster we finish this, the faster I can get away from you."

     Their English teacher handed out a sheet with questions to answer for each group and Tori was already quickly writing down the answers.

     "Do you even know what you're writing?" Reggie asked while chuckling.

     "Read the questions before you ask me that," Tori responded without looking up from her notebook as she continued writing.