Chapter Nine: This feeling

You stood at the harbour of the island as the ship was being loaded with the giant craters of food and other supplies before you left.

You walked over to Iva. "Iva-san, I wanted to thank you for everything that you did for me, giving me a place to learn. I also wanted to say thank you for what you did at Marineford for Luffy-kun and Ace." You said, your head bowed. "Sabo said that he already thanked you but, I really wanted to thank you myself."

"Hee haw!" Iva laughed. "Where did you find this one, Sabo? She's a keeper! Can I keep her?"

"No way. She's mine." He said drapping his arm around your waist possessively. He meant it as a joke of course, in response to Iva's words. So why were there stupid butterflies dancing in your stomach? Why did your face feel so hot? And why, when he finally let go, did you feel slightly disappointed?

You knew why, of course.

♤I am so screwed.♤

"We really should be going." Sabo said as the men packed the last of the food into the ship. "Thank you for the supplies."

You said goodbye to a teary Tiffany. She gave you a large basket filled with neatly packed food and a letter to Robin from Sanji. Apparently, he had wanted to come and give this to you himself but unfortunately, his hideout had been discovered and he was running for his life somewhere even as you spoke.

You were a little disappointed that you did not get to thank him again for his help but, it was okay, you were sure that you would see him again someday.

You left the pink island after that, glad of the memories that it had given you.

Karasu was travelling with you and you would drop him off at a nearby island. After putting Rouge to sleep, you joined Sabo and Karasu for a drink in the ship's kitchen.

"How are you going to get home after we drop you off? Karasu, I hope you're not planning on flying all the way to the North Blue." Sabo said.

Karasu laughed. "No, some of our comrades are raiding a weapons shipment to the nearby Navy base. We have our rendezvous on the next island, then we'll travel home together." He explained.

"Oh, that's right, that's three days from now that the North Army is doing the raid. Do you need help?" Sabo asked.

"It's okay, we have it under control. You already gave us plenty of funds from the last bounty you collected in Saylin." He said.

"Well, Luffy let out so many prisoners from Impel Down, it isn't hard to find a few dangerous criminals to capture." Sabo said honestly.

"Well then everything is good." Karasu said. "As soon as we're done with this, we're going back to the North Blue."

"You're from the North Blue? That's where I was born actually." You said. "It's my homeland."

Sabo turned to you curiously.

"Is that so?" Karasu asked.  "Which island?"

"I was born on Kimi Island, the Tombe Kingdom." You said. "I wonder what it's like now."

"Tombe? Ah, yes, ruled by Tombe Kairo, it's not a bad place to live. They are very conservative people, but they have a good king. Not too friendly, but he treats his people well." Karasu said.

You smiled a little. It was nice hearing news of your older brother even though the two of you didn't get along very well. He had been very hard on you growing up.

After the words he had said when you were running away from home, those awful bone chilling words that made you hate someone for the first time in your life, you swore never to go back home. That you would find a real family. And yet even after everything that he done to you, you were glad that he wasn't being a tyrant, it would have made your mother really sad.