Chapter One: Ace's Brother

The stranger stared at you, astonished. Who was he and why was he here? You were scared, in pain, alone and your water had broken two hours ago.

Nana rushed in after him.

"Who's he?" You asked clutching the sheets to ease your pain.

"Is that Ace's-" he started to say but another scream from you cut him off.

"If you really mean no harm, make yourself useful. Get me some towels from the bathroom." Nana said to the confused young man who then followed her order.
Nana hurried to the base of the bed.

"Start pushing again." Nana said after the stranger handed her the towels and backed away.

The pain was almost unbearable but you pushed with all your might. Dammit, why was the baby coming now of all times? It had only been seven and a half months after all. Was it because you had spent the last two weeks crying uncontrollably and in a state of utter devastation? Had your pain caused your hormones to fluctuate?

Ace.

"You're doing great. I can see the head now."

You needed something to hold on to, so you could bear the pain. Your hand fumbled and grabbed on to something. You squeezed it desperately as you made the final push. You heard someone flinching close to you. You finally let go of whatever you had been holding on to.

It was over, you were breathing heavily and tired but then you heard it. A beautiful cry, like a simple melody reached your ears.

"It's a girl." Nana said wrapping the tiny thing in a towel. She poured some medicine into a cup and handed it to you.

"Drink this first. You need to rest." You quickly drank the bitter drug and held out your hands for your baby.

You took the tiny bundle into your arms. She had dark hair, there were a few freckles on her cheeks and her eyes were closed but her tiny mouth was moving, making an indistinct sound. Her breathing was rather strained and a bit heavy, you supposed it would take a while for her to adjust to the outside air.

She was the most beautiful thing you had ever seen.

You brought her up and kissed her forehead. You held her warm face next to yours and then looked at her closely. A beautiful miracle was before your eyes. The tears started to fall from your eyes.

This is our daughter, Ace.♤

Sabo rubbed his wrist as you had so mercilessly squeezed it in your pain. He was sure you'd almost broken a bone. He looked down at the baby in your arms.

He would recognise those freckles anywhere.

"That child is Ace's, isn't it?" He asked.

You looked up sharply and held the baby to your chest.

"I'd rather die than give her to you! I won't let you hurt my baby." You said. You were vulnerable right now, you knew there was no way you could protect the child from him, but you would try anyway.

"I'm not here to hurt you. Ace is.... Ace was my brother." He said.

You eyed him closely. "You can't fool me. You're not Luffy."

"My name is Sabo."

Your eyes widened. "I don't believe you. Sabo is dead. That's why Ace had that S on his tatoo."

"I suppose there is no way I can convince you of who I am." He sighed.

You started to feel drowsy. Nana who was done cleaning everything up, took the baby from you. "The pain medicine I gave you makes you drowsy. Get some sleep. She'll be hungry when you wake up."