Chapter 1

Kurt's pov

We arrived at the place that Charles had told us this mutant that he'd found was. We walked out of the jet as I looked around. "Wow. This place is a wasteland" Peter stated, putting one hand above his eyes and looking around.

"Its a canyon. You should have expected something like this" Raven sighed, walking into the lead. "So where is this mutant?" Storm asked.

I looked around, flicking my tail when I saw something move on one of the rocks that jutted out. "Over zhere" I stated before transporting up there.

I came face to face with a girl. She had long ginger hair with bright green eyes. She had a crop top and shorts on with no shoes or socks and some feathers were sticking out of her hair.

She tapped the ground with her toe then instantly turned around and began running. "Hey vait" I called. I teleported again, this time landing in front of her.

She froze in fear, backing up. "Its alright. I vant to help" I advised her. She didn't react to that, still walking backwards.

She stepped on some loose rocks as she slipped backwards. I grabbed her hand, stopping her from hitting the ground. She seemed surprised at that before her face twisted into understanding.

I quickly proofed back to where the jet was as the others looked at me with surprise. "Couldn't you have waited?" Peter asked. "Vell I convinced her" I stated, gesturing to the girl who seemed startled again.

We got her into the ship as the girl sat down in one of the chairs, continously tapping on the arm of the chair. Peter, using his superspeed, ran in front of her which frightened her.

She had pulled both her hands in front of her protectively and was shaking slightly. After about a minute, she started tapping again although Peter was back in his seat.

When we finally arrived back at the school, I helped guide her over to Charles. "Hello there. I'm Charles Xavier. Might I know your name?" he asked, moving his wheelchair forward. No response.

He furrowed his eyebrows before placing his fingers up to the side of his head. A few seconds later she spoke. "Lillian" she replied, still staring straight ahead.

Charles gestured to Hank before the two walked into Hank's lab as we followed. I continued to guide Lillian who didn't say anything else.

Hank asked her to sit down but she didn't even flinch. Charles placed his hand up to his head and then shee reacted. I helped her to the seat Hank wanted her to sit in before backing up slightly.

Hank did a few things before nodding to Charles. Hank then started to do something else to Lillian. He worked on doing this for a long time. Once he backed up, I saw that he'd attached something to Lillian's eyes and ears.

She blinked slightly before looking around. "Can you hear me Lillian?" Charles asked, moving towards her. "Yes" she replied, sounding slightly startled.

"That's good. Now for the reason I had you brought here. You are a mutant correct" Charles explained. "Yes" she responded along with a nod.

"What kind of mutation do you have?" Charles asked. "I can make a mental map of my surroundings through sensations and vibrations. I'm also able to sense peoples emotions through the sensations that their body releases" she explained. Charles nodded.

Charles gestured for us to gather around. "I'm going to need someone to show her around the school. Anyone want to volunteer?" he asked. "I'll do it" I volunteered.

Charles looked at me and nodded. I walked over to Lillian who looked me all over. "Hi. I'm Kurt" I introduced. "Nice to meet you" she replied.