Chapter Six- Meet Roni

Her eyes were dark, almost black, which matched with her dark raven hair.  She was about five foot seven, her full lips and sassy attitude was sometimes much more than Leyah could handle.  Roni sat at the cafe, with a cigarette in her hand listening attentively to every detail about Bryan.  She breathed smoke out of her mouth as she lifted her head up. Leyah looked at her long-manicured fingernails, a beautiful bright burgundy shade.  Short blue sweater dress with long black boots that sat over her knees.  She was sipping on coffee as she always did. "So where is this dude?" She was referring to Bryan who was supposed to be meeting Leyah five minutes ago.  He came walking from around the corner, wearing a baseball cap, black denim jacket, with a red hoodie under and matching black jeans with white hi-top shoes.  He was smiling when he saw Leyah, "hey babe, what's up?" He leaned down to kiss her.  Roni smirked with approval. 

"Bryan, this is my best friend Roni." Leyah introduced them.  Roni got up and put her hand out as if waiting for him to kiss it, they shook hands and she sat back down.  Brian pulled the seat out next to Leyah and moved closer to her.  He reached for Leyah's cup and looked in it, "What you got there?" He asked her.  "

Chai, do you want one?" She offered.  He shook his head and laid back into the chair adjusting his cap by the brim.    Roni was staring him down as she put out her cigarette on the floor, for once, she was lost for words. 

Bryan got up "Do yáll want something else to drink?" He asked them as he walked inside the cafe.  

"No, I'm okay," they both said at the same time.  Roni couldn't wait for him to walk away so she could express her absolute joy. 

"Girl he is hot!  I like, I like." She said in a Spanish accent. 

Leyah laughed "yea he's cute."  Roni was getting flustered,

"look at that butt," Roni admired as she looked at him.  "He is huge," they both chuckled.  "Girl, I didn't see the married man, Adrian, but by the looks of this one I know you don't disappoint."  

Leyah hit her arm with her fist "Shut up!" she ordered.  Bryan came back with a milkshake. 

"So, Roni, are you going to NYU too?" he asked as he sat down.  "Yea." she smiled.  Bryan wanted to be alone with Leyah, college was about to start in two weeks, and he wanted to spend every moment with her. 

"Babe, you should come over and meet my family, were having a get together for my birthday.  My mom's a good cook."  Bryan sipped on his milkshake as Roni almost choked on her coffee. 

Leyah laughed, "are you okay Roni?"  She held her throat and signalled them to keep talking. 

"Yea sure babe, just let me know when."  Bryan's phone went off, he got a message from Denise it read:  WHAT ARE YOU DOING TONIGHT BABE? I WANT TO SEE YOU.  Bryan deleted the message and put it back in his jacket pocket.  Bryan looked at Leyah, her tight blue jeans and green shirt made her highlights and green eyes more pronounced.  He bit his bottom lip as he watched her talking to Roni.  He liked this side of her, so laid back. He has started to fall in love with her.  He had never felt love for anyone before, besides his mother and so he didn't know what to expect.  He always felt nervous around her and excited at the same time.  He thought about her constantly and wanted to see her every minute of the day. 

"Hey babe, there's a new thriller that's just come out on the movies, do you want to go tonight?"

"Yea, but are you going to watch it this time?  Or stare at me the whole time?" Leyah smiled at him. He winked at her, as he sipped his milkshake from a straw.   Roni looked at them both and loved their connection, she thought they were so cute together.