She smiled looking to him once more. "Thank you Clint. I really appreciate it."

"You're welcome y/n. Now I'm going to go ahead and tell you that we're going to have dinner to celebrate your return. If you're not ready to see anyone you can hide on my floor. If you are ready to see everyone, then you can sit between Nat and me. I'll ask Bruce to sit in front of you."

"Thank you Clint."

He lead her to the dinning room, and the whole team was going around trying to set the table. Clint went over to talk to Nat and Bruce, and y/n could see them both nod their heads. Then Clint walked back to her and lead her further into the room.

"Y/n it's good to see you again. I've been waiting to ask if I could sit on that bay window of yours." Sam grinned and everyone turned their attention to her.

She and Steve made eye contact, and he tried to smile. He wanted to go over and explain everything, but Clint had yet to leave her side. Steve figured Clint wouldn't let him talk to her anyway.

Dinner went fairly well, and y/n truly realized how much these people meant to her. They had become her family.

On the matter pertaining to Steven and James, y/n had been avoiding both men all day. She didn't know what to do. Her heart was torn. She put it all aside and decided to stop thinking about it all.

She walked out to the roof and looked at all the buildings and skyscrapers that surrounded the tower.

"I knew you'd be here eventually."

"How did you know?" She turned around to find Bucky.

"You always loved heights. Do you remember the summer after we graduated high school, and we went to the Empire State Building?"

Y/n laughed and walked closer to him. "Of course I do. Steve was sick, but he insisted we go do something. I wanted to go, but you said you didn't want to go."

"You took me anyway. When we made it to the balcony area, I told you about my terrible fear of heights."

"Your acrophobia." She spoke as Bucky walked closer to her.

"So you learned my phobia name? Gee thanks doll." He laughed then continued. "Ever since that day, you had tried to help me get rid of that fear. All your attempts didn't help."

"So how did you manage to get up here after all this time?" Y/n whispered.

"You did. You were always the only reason I went to all these heights. I wanted to make sure you were okay."

"I'm... Okay." She closed her eyes and let the wind keep her calm.

Then she felt him wrap his arms around her. "Don't lie to me y/ n."

"I... I know. I never was a good liar. I..." She couldn't get herself to say what she needed to.

"Y/n... I think you know, but I need to tell you that I still love you. I'll never stop loving you."

Y/n opened her eyes and a tear fell down her cheek, and Bucky was quick to wipe it away. She grabbed his hand and leaned into his touch.

"Bucky... I... I've always cared about you, and now I... My feelings have grown significantly more. Bucky, I think I love you."

She and Bucky began to draw closer to each other, and y/n even closed her eyes. Then she stopped.

"I'm sorry Bucky. I... I can't."

"I know. I'm sorry too. I let my emotions get the better of me. I... I know you still love Steve. I can't do that to either of you. You mean the world to me y/n."

He took a moment to connect his forehead to her own. "No matter what happens, I'll always be in your life."

She felt him kiss her cheek, and she couldn't help but find herself smiling. When she opened her eyes, Bucky was gone. She stayed on the roof for a while and looked at the few stars that loomed in the night sky. She decided to go back to her room, and if she saw Steve, she would try to figure it out then.

She quietly walked into the floor that had become her home. It still smelled like the vanilla wax cubes she had bought for a wax warmer Steve had won at a bingo night before she got there. She could hear music from the forties playing, and she saw Steve sitting on the bay window.

"I hope you'll let me explain everything Sunshine because I've missed you."

He turned around and walked over to her taking her hand. She looked down for a moment before looking back to him. "I will, but can we maybe talk tomorrow? It's been a busy day, and I think we both need some rest."

"You're you're right. I... I'm going to stay up a little longer." He looked so discontent, and y/n wanted to comfort him. She went to her room and stayed awake for some time wondering what would happen in the next few days.

I hope you enjoyed this. I'm sorry it's more filler than anything, but I think that this series is fixing to end. I'll probably do a version for Steve and Bucky. I'm not sure if they'll both be on the same chapter or I'll keep them separate. I'll probably try to keep them under one. Tell me all what you think. Maybe I'll even write an epilogue for both. It all depends. Anyways.

Thanks for reading Steve's Sunshines.

Flower Child 🥀 🌵🥀 Buckybear