Found: Part Six

"Where can I put y/n?" Bucky spoke holding her close.

Steve pointed to her room, and Bucky took her in. Steve's mind was racing. He knew her. Bucky knew her. What else did he know? At least he had both his friends back now, but he also was concerned that everything was about to change.

"Steve."

"Hey Buck... Where have you been?"

"I've been around. I've also traveled. Thankfully the government has let me free since at the time I still didn't have my memories."

Steve was still confused. "How come there hasn't been any news?"

"It was all kept under wraps. They let me go, and I've been free ever since."

"Well, when did you get your memories?"

"Y/n. Long story short, we met a couple weeks ago. I took her in, and we talked. When she found out I was struggling with my memories too, she gave me that blue vile of liquid. Next day, I remember everything. I remember her, the me in the past, ... Me as the winter soldier. I honestly was confused as to how she was alive, and then I remembered Hydra."

"What about Hydra?"

"I remember my leaders talking about Hydra's failed attempt of making a human with powers. They called it the Lunar Rose project. Years later, I found a file on Lunar Rose. It was y/n. They took her ten months after I left for the war. Hydra's plan worked, but they never made her do anything. They wiped her mind clear and put her in cryo. Apparently, even before she got wiped, she was blank. It's like she didn't exist anymore. The file said she gave up, and after her mind was completely erased, they couldn't make her do anything. She used her powers once to blow up a single picture. It was you as Captain America. Steve... What happened after I left?"

Steve really didn't want to explain anything. He was tired and stressed. He wasn't in the mood.

"Y/n told me you proposed to Natasha. Apparently, you had the audacity to propose while she was on the same floor." Bucky grumbled with a stern glance.

"Buck... It wasn't like that. I... I was trying to explain my story to Natasha."

"You know what? Save your explanation. Besides it seems you couldn't explain it to the one woman who needs it the most." Bucky turned around walking to the doors so he could get to the elevator.

Before Steve even realized realized what was coming out of his mouth, the words had already been spoken. "Did you love her Bucky?"

"I've always loved y/n." He barley whispered.

"Then why all the girls?"

All the sudden Bucky slowly turned around. His fist began to clench and unclench. "Because I was young at the time, and I thought dating other girls would help me forget her. I thought it would ease the pain. I knew y/n would never love me the way I loved her. Wow, this isn't the way I'd hope spending my time actually remembering things would go." He began to turn around when he stopped in his tracks. "I still love her you know. I never stopped while my mind was my own."

Bucky left leaving Steve speechless. He turned around and sat on the couch rubbing his temples. Steve couldn't believe everything that was going on. If he had the ability to go back in time, he would've used it.

Then Steve began to feel like he'd been completely selfish. He wanted to go back in time, when his two best friends had been through more than he could ever imagine. Then, he thought about all the times he hogged y/n to himself, and he would get mad when she wanted to spend time with Bucky. Steve realized he might've been a bit controlling, and yet y/n still cared for him.