Thorin Or Valadhiel

~~~~~~~<>~<3~<>~~~~~~~

Thorin sat next to Valadhiel, keeping an eye on her every now and then. Kili and Fili had gone off in search of shelter while Oin had applied some healing herbs to Valadhiel's wound, a big gash in her thigh. Why she hadn't said anything about it, he wasn't sure. Surely she'd known it was there. Then again, with the adrenaline rush, she may have felt it but not realized how bad it was or how much it was bleeding.

Oin had gotten the bleeding to stop, and shortly after the herbs were applied, they watched Valadhiel's wound begin to heal like magic. It must have been the elf or the dragon in her, or perhaps even both. No doubt there would still be pain, and Valadhiel might be weakened for a little while, but she should be fine. Oin had also found a small cut on her wing, but he said that it shouldn't be any threat to her being able to use it and that it should heal up soon.

Thorin breathed a soft sigh after a moment and looked down at the ground from where he sat. She could have died back there before she saved him, and what did he do? Get into a serious argument with her. He knew that she was right. Bilbo truly was useful. He still wasn't fond of him, but he needn't be so harsh, especially after he'd almost died a couple of times, and especially after the halfling had already done so much to save their skins.

Now, he was waiting for Valadhiel to wake up so he could apologize to her. He didn't want to, but he knew he had to. Besides, Valadhiel would be cross with him until he did so, and he knew that she could easily make him miserable. However, it had been an hour, and she still hadn't woken.

"Vala," he murmured, gently taking her hand into his and brushing over it with a rough thumb. "Please wake up soon."

<3~~~~~~~Dream~~~~~~~<3

Valadhiel walked alongside her father and her mother in dragon form, looking around at the beautiful blue skies and at the vibrant green grass. After a moment, she looked at her mother again and furrowed her scaly brown. "Mother, why am I capable of skin-changing even though you and Daddy are normal dragons? And why am I part elf?"

Valadhiel's mother glanced at her husband, then she looked at her daughter. "It is an awful long story, and I am afraid that there is no time to tell it right now."

Valadhiel sighed a little, though she nodded. "I understand, Mother." She then looked away from them before using a quieter voice. "I was just wondering because... because the other dragons say I'm a mongrel, so I can never become the next ruler."

Her father furrowed his brow with a frown, a fire blazing in his eyes. "You are no mongrel, Angel. You are my daughter, so you will become the next ruler, whether they like it or not."

"I sense something." Valadhiel's mother suddenly said, stopping in her tracks, smelling the air, and swiveling her ears as she scanned the area before them. She snorted when she smelled an all too familiar smell. "Goblins are near."

Valadhiel's eyes widened when her mother said that goblins were near, then she flattened her ears and mentally prepared herself for a fight. She was no longer a youngling and could defend herself, so that was just what she was going to do.

Valadhiel's father sniffed the air, then his eyes widened. "Vala, Night Fury is here as well. You need to leave."

Valadhiel looked at her father, and she twitched an ear nervously, then she shook off her fear before shaking her head. "I'm no longer a youngling, and I have not been a youngling in a long time. I will stay here and fight with you and Mother."

"Vala, he wants you dead so he can have the throne! Please, do as I say!"

Valadhiel was about to give in and leave like her father wanted, though she yelped when she felt something heavy land on her tail and she looked back to see a large, black dragon with fiery red eyes. Her heart sped up and she tried to think of what to do, but how could she get away when the heavy dragon was standing on her tail?