Twin Flame: Part 1

Start from the beginning

"Asami! Asami wake up!" Korra called out to her, but the non-bender didn't move.

"No, no no. Asami please wake up. Please" Korra cried, pulling Asami gently into her lap.

Asami lay lifeless on the avatar's legs. Her head was bleeding from a gash she received from the broken glass that was thrown about the room for the blast. Korra carefully picked Asami up in her held her close.

"Please be okay!" she said softly and began running towards to gaping hole in the building where Kuvira's weapon ripped through. The building finally began to give way, make the mounds of rubble slide towards Korra and Asami. Korra picked up her pace jumping over metal beams and piles of rock. When she reached the edge of the building she jumped out into the air heading for the ocean beneath them.

She gripped Asami tightly hoping she wasn't causing more damage and braced for impact. She couldn't properly bend the water while still holding a lifeless Asami in her arms, so she turned in midair having her body take the brunt of the force from hitting the water. Quickly she bent the water around her and Asami allowing them to breathe while she swam to safety, avoiding the falling bricks crashing into the water above them.

Once on shore, she gently laid Asami down to look her over. Asami still wasn't moving. Korra bent the water from the ocean and tied to heal Asami. Sea water was not a first choice when it came to healing but it was all she had at her disposal and she wasn't going to sit around and do nothing.

"Asami, you have to get up. Please, you can't leave me." Korra cried.

This wasn't how it was supposed to end. Korra had finally told herself that she would tell Asami how she felt. She was ready to admit her feelings of love to her best friend. They were supposed to go out on their first date. They were supposed to share their first kiss, fall in love, and spend their lives together, but instead Korra's healing her with subpar water hoping to keep Asami alive.

"Korra!" Bolin yelled rushing down from the street to her side.

"She won't wake up!" Korra said hysterically.

"Oh, no." Suyin chimed in.

Bolin and the others had all been searching for Korra since the building came down. Kai had seen Korra from above and directed everyone towards her.

"I can barely feel her energy moving. And this water isn't helping. I need spirit water!" Korra screamed.

"Korra we have to get out of here Kuvira is coming this way with her mecha suit." Mako said.

"We'll take her back to Air Temple Island. Kya should be able to heal her there." Opal said moving in to take Asami out of the avatar's hands.

"Don't touch her!" Korra screeched.

Korra didn't see the shocked reactions from her friends. The only face she was transfixed on was Asami's. She looked beautiful, even in her broken state. Korra couldn't imagine life without her. What if she handed Asami over to them and she didn't make it. Korra would be devastated.

"Korra, I know how much you care about Asami," Suyin said slowly, "but if you want her to get better you need to let us take her to the island."

"Please Korra, you know we will do everything in our power to protect her." Tenzin added.

"Protect her! You all were going to leave her in there!" Korra shouted.

"You told us to leave Korra! Don't act like we don't care about Asami." Mako said angrily.

Korra angrily faced Mako and threw a fireball at him making him fall in the sand.

"You have no right to say you care about Asami!" Korra seethed.