•2•

"How long is the antidote supposed to take?" Don asked, slamming his hand on the table in front of Ashlie.

"The only reason it would take this long is if you're sick already. Now I would like to finish my lunch in peace," Ashlie snapped as she turned away from Don, still embarrassed by their last encounter.

Don let out  growl, the table snapping under his hands, causing Ashlie to squeak in surprise as the table crashed to the floor. She turned to him but shrunk in fear at his yellow tinted eyes, which seemed to stare into her soul.

"Now listen here Kitten. You and I both know who's stronger here. Talk to me like that again and I'll show you who's master. Now, you have two seconds to tell me why you attacked Nightinggale, or she won't be the only one stuck in bed healing," he growled, towering over her short frame.

"That's enough Don," UNi's voice was heard, and Don turned around to see the demon sitting on seemingly nothing as he gazed boredly at the two. "Night's awake and she wants to talk."

Don turned towards him, his eyes back to normal as he pulled his hat further down his head, his cheeks red in embarrassment from snapping at Ashlie once again.

"Sorry...again...let's go," he mumbled, nodding at UNi.

"I thought you'd never ask!" UNi exclaimed with a toothy, mischievous smile.

"Wha- AH!" Don began to question before UNi kicked him in the knees, causing the boy to fall as they disappeared.

Ashlie stared at the spot the two disappeared, cheeks red.

"I like that dominate side of you, Don."

~~~~~~

"Was it really necessary to kick me?" Don huffed as he pushed himself to his feet.

"Yes," UNi deadpanned as he sat on the edge of Nightinggale's bed.

Don sighed as he brushed his clothes off before sitting next to UNi. He glanced at Nightinggale, who nodded slightly before she elbowed UNi in the neck, hitting a pressure point and knocking him out without hurting him. The boy slumped onto the large bed, his tail frame barely reaching the other side.

"He falls asleep quickly," Nightinggale remarked as she helped Don move the boy to where his head was resting on the pillow.

"I took care of them. All of the Hearers will stop working at midnight tonight," she signed as Don faked a laugh at her remark.

"Yea, but I never got to ask you. How are you feeling?" He replied as he adjusted his gloves.

"Good. We can meet with Riku and the go to the king and queen's chambers. This is the night there are the least amount of guards." He signed in response.

"Yea, I'm fine, Don. Still a little tired," she trailed off, stretching her arms above her head.

"We can finally get out of the accursed academy. Some of the students have begun to annoy me," she continued.

"Do you want to sleep?" He asked, tilting his head as he noticed the bags under her eyes.

"Hold your horses. Tonight we are simply getting a layout of the room for entrances and escapes. Riku will tell us when to strike."

She nodded and collapsed onto her pillow next to UNi, tossing a blanket over the boy before disappearing under the covers. Don smiled to himself as he heard her sigh as she fell asleep.