"I think we all wish we were able to rectify the situation Faith. It is impossible. The hunters don't care that we're just trying to live our lives – they paint us as monsters when they're the ones who are looking for a war." William grumbled, sitting on the piano stool.

Faith remained quiet for a while, wondering if William was lying to her face, as the hunters clearly told her about the coven's plans to stretch into the market of human blood. She sighed, feeling vexed. William tinkered on the piano whilst she sat deep in thought.

"Do you play the piano William?"

"Yes... well, I've had hundreds of years to perfect it."

There was something about the piano that Faith loved. It was just so beautiful, so serene. She wished she could play it herself.

"Could you... would you, erm, play... for me?" She asked nervously.

"Erm, ok Faith. If you want." William chuckled, swinging his long legs around to face the grand piano.

As soon as his fingers hit the keys, Faith was entranced. The melody he played was beautiful and soulful, as if his very feelings were pouring from his fingertips and flowing out with the music. When his voice joined the tinkling melody, singing in a language foreign to Faith's ears, she could not help but cry, as it sounded like an angel was serenading her. She was absolutely enthralled. When the song suddenly cut to a stop, Faith jumped out of the trance she was in, as William was unexpectedly in front of her with a worrisome look on his face, wiping the tears gliding down her cheeks.

"Oh no, what's wrong? Please don't cry angioletto." William pleaded on his knees in front of her.

"Oh no... It's nothing; I'm fine. It's just your voice... its beautiful William." Faith explained as she sucked her emotions in.

"I don't ever want to make you cry Faith... but thank you..." William spoke in almost a whisper.

Faith did not realise until that moment how close they were. All she could feel, taste and smell was he, and they only had to inch a little closer and their lips would be touching. Faith shivered at the thought. The air was electric around them as they got lost in one another, and as Faith self-consciously sucked her plump lower lip under her front teeth, William became fixated by the action, wondering how lips could be so red. Faith felt herself leaning in cautiously, her body screaming 'yes!' at the action, as William joined her in the mission to connect their lips. Faith felt her eyes fluttering closed, when William jumped away from her.

"You shouldn't do that Faith. You are light, and I am darkness." He muttered forebodingly, keeping his distance from her.

"I-I think you're beautiful, and there's a mix of light and darkness in everyone." Faith stammered, incredibly flustered.

William raised his hand and caressed Faith's soft cheek, loving the way she leaned into his touch. She really was his angioletto, but he did not want to taint her with his darkness. He would not allow her to accept him as the monster he was. Her eyes were truly spectacular, made up of a million different hues - they were the forest and the autumnal leaves, the soil in summer and after the rains. How could he imprison something so spellbinding to just one word? And her lips... he nearly groaned at the sight of them, so red, so tempting, so close...

"Ahem, am I interrupting something?" A voice scoffed from the doorway, causing William to flinch yet again away from Faith.

"Sir Hartley! I didn't see you there... Erm, I, I was just about to go talk to my father about some preparations for the ball. See you all later." He hastily revealed before near on sprinting out of the room, refusing to make eye contact with anyone.

An embarrassed Faith was left sitting on her own, smiling sheepishly at a disappointed-looking Duke Hartley. She felt like she had been caught doing something she shouldn't be. Which, in fact she had been. William has a vampire prince, the heir to his throne, and she was a simple human girl. She certainly should not be kissing him.

"Faith, a word of advice?" Duke Hartley began in a clipped tone. "Remember your place, and what you're here for." He said pointedly, before turning and leaving the room.

Faith sat feeling numb, biting back tears. She was too involved, and needed to keep a better grip on her emotions. In two days William would more likely want to strangle her then kiss her anyway.

I hope you enjoyed this update guys!

I have four other completed books on my profile if you want to check them out!

Stay safe and happy guys!

Love Maddie xoxo

Edited