Chapter 7

"... Y/N... Y/N... " I felt someone shake my by the shoulders. I reached up tiredly, my hand meeting someone's face. My arm was gently pulled away and rested back to my side. I yawned, opening my eyes.

"Sorry Mia... I worked overnight... Again..." I muttered before my memories came flooding back. I looked up to see the ever familiar face of Phoenix Wright, concerned.

I shot up, embarrassed, rubbing my forehead. The room was slowly gaining light, telling me it was sunrise. "Nick? Have you been here all night? You need sleep more than I do!"

He shook his head and stood up, laying me back down. "You blacked out, I got worried. You've pushed yourself plenty, Y/N, get some rest."

"Where's Maya...?" I rubbed my eyes.

"She came by last night but I sent her home to get sleep. She'll be back at about noon." He flipped through some crime files, "Oh, and I wanted to ask you something."

"What do you want to ask?" I gave up trying to stand, resting my head on the arm of the couch.

"What did White mean when he said you didn't need that evidence?" He sat back down in the chair tiredly.

"Oh, that? I have photographic memory, so I'd have just been able to replace the papers." I closed my eyes, exhaust really kicking in.

He nodded and went silent, then started snoring softly. 'He had to pass out sooner or later.' I thought, my attempts to stay awake slowly becoming more and more useless.