Chapter 1

I finished alphabetizing my files and leaned back, a sigh of exhaust escaping me. I was all alone in the Fey and Co. Law Offices, Mia and her new apprentice Phoenix Wright, out on a case. I had been a friend of Mia's for a while, working for her as a backup lawyer in case she herself got into trouble. But while I wasn't busy, I mainly kept the place in order and went over evidence.

It was growing dim outside when Mia returned, looking rather distracted. "How did it go with the new guy?" I interrupted her thoughts, sitting up. She smiled good naturedly, setting her purse on her desk.

"He won in the end, surprisingly. I was just about to give up, but he managed to fight through. Wright is a pretty good lawyer; he just needs practice. He was trembling at the start, forgot the victim's name too." She spilled everything out, taking a seat.

"Good to hear you've got yourself a legacy going." I winked, pushing my hair behind my ears, "I'm sure he'll get the hang of it in no time."

Mia nodded. "He will. Did you...?" She eyed the folder on my desk like she didn't trust it. "Yeah, I memorized it. You're sure he was responsible?" I asked, "You've got strong evidence, but nothing conclusive."

She slammed her fist down on the armchair, determined. "I was him. I'll bring that man down if it means I'll die in the process."

I stood up, grabbing my bag. "Well, you're lucky I've got the memory I do. If you lose this, just let me know and I'll copy it back down."

"Alright, I'll see you tomorrow, Y/N." She waved, reaching for the phone, "Don't forget that Maya will be over tomorrow, she's been wanting to see you again."

I grinned, opening the door. "Wouldn't miss it for the world." I left, shutting the door with a *click*, before walking across the street to the Gatewater Hotel, where I'd been staying since my apartment was getting renovations. It was super close to the office, so it was the prime choice anyway.

I took the elevator up, reaching my room on the first floor. It had a view of Mia's office, but I couldn't see through the window. Sighing, I sat at the table by my window, pulling out a small piece of paper that, although it seemed unimportant, would change my fate forever.

Trials of Love (Phoenix Wright x Female Reader)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें