CHAPTER FIFTY EIGHT - NEW PLAN

Começar do início

"W—What happened? I need to find Michael," I weakly said, as I tried to get out of the gurney I was lying on.

"No no no, Hale. You can't go until we know you're fine," Hayden disagreed, preventing me from moving any further.

"He needs me," I tried to fight with him, but I was way too weak to even push him away.

"Brit, you need to stay in bed until we know you're fine!" Carl sided with my brother, as he pushed me back to make me lay down again. "Let me examine you, don't be a pain in the ass."

"I'm fine," I told him, pushing his stethoscope away from my chest. "I need to see Michael, he shouldn't be alone," I told him, tears gathering in my eyes.

"Hale, please, let him," Hayden begged me, as he took my hand back in his. "I thought you'd never wake up, I need to know you're not going to fall into yet another coma."

When I took another minute to identify the look on my brother's demeanor, I realized that fear was written all over his face. From that moment, I stopped fighting and let Carl examine me. I couldn't be selfish and refuse assistance, if this could reassure my brother, then I'd go through anything Carl wanted me to do, starting with a basic check up.

"Follow the light," my boss asked me, flashing a little flashlight in my eyes. "Your pupils are responsive. But you have every symptoms of mental and physical exhaustion."

"We all know this happened because of the visions," I said in a weak and low voice. Even speaking was a huge effort I had to make. "I'll be okay, as always."

"You've been working way too hard these days, Hayley. You keep on accumulating night and day shifts, this can go on like this forever. When you're not at work, you barely have time to rest, and this is not okay," Carl told me.

"At least you managed to change Michael's future now, huh? That's why you blacked out like this?" Hayden asked, and I turned my head in his direction with a sorrowful expression. "Right?"

I shook my head no, unable to find the words to say. When I ended up unconscious in the past, it was because I somehow managed to change Michael's future, in a way or another. This time, from the visions I remembered I had, nothing changed. Evan was still willing to make Michael pay for what he thought was going on with his son, and Michael was still the same broken man I saw in my previous visions.

"Could it be possible that the visions hit her harder because she's physically exhausted? Her whole body is exhausted, maybe it wasn't strong enough to bear the visions?"

"I—I yeah, I guess that's possible. That could explain the nose bleeds as well," Hayden said, as he rubbed the back of his neck. "But what did you see, Hale? Was it bad?"

I nodded my head, and gulped hard at the memories. "I saw Evan and Michael arguing around a table with some other people I didn't know. He seemed empty, like he wasn't himself anymore. I've never seen him that depressed in the past," I narrated. "Evan was determined to make Michael's life a nightmare, and he's going to succeed if I don't find a way to stop him from doing so."

"It's too dangerous for you to be around this family, we have to find another solution," Hayden said, pacing the floor by my bed. "The visions are way too strong for you to handle them. This event is going to be a major part in Michael's life and career, it will destroy him, and I think this is the reason why the visions are that strong, and why your nose starts to bleed."

"But how am I supposed to keep them away from him if I can't be around them? There's got to be a way, I can't—"

"You need to stay with him," Carl chimed in, cutting me off, and I looked on the other side of the bed in his direction. "You need some time off to get better and to deal with your visions."