drabble: the one with new traditions

Start from the beginning

Neha leans forward and kisses Niall square on the corner of his mouth, brushing her lips across his in a sweeping motion. His arms come around her, the bags knocking against the back of her legs as he gathers her closer. When she pulls back, he's looking at her with a lazy smirk, the corner of his mouth pulled up, "Did you get it?"

"For now," Neha replies, opening the door for them.

***

"I don't know about this one," Niall mumbles, letting the employee who is helping him pull at the hem of the trousers. When he's done, Niall tugs the cuffs of the jacket. Standing in front of a rounded area of mirror and bright lights, he takes in the suit that looked good on the rack. A deep purple color, it's more outrageous than anything else he's ever worn.

"I think it looks wonderful, sir," the employee says. He takes a step back to assess all of Niall, from the suit jacket to the tight tailored trousers that fit him perfectly. "I think, if you wanted, we could alter the fit of the jacket to be tighter, but it doesn't look bad." He pauses, meeting Niall's eyes in the mirror, "Not a lot of men can pull off this color, you know."

Niall chuckles in response and assess himself once again. He's wearing a simple black dress shirt under the suit and it looks nice. The color isn't too flamboyantly bright, enough to draw attention but not overbearing. It's so different from his regular palette of colors: navy blue, grey, black, tan. He has to admit, he loves the tailored fit of the pants.

"Should we ask the missus what she thinks?" The employee inquires, turning sideways to reveal Neha. She's seated in one of the plushy chairs the high end dressing room has, her head resting in her palm and her elbow against her knee.

Niall turns around to face her, doing a spin, "What do you think, baby?"

The mirror and podium area is far from Neha, so he doesn't catch that familiar fire in her eyes upon first glance. But he does catch her slowly, ever so slowly, dragging her eyes up and down his figure.

"Hmm," she says quietly. She sits up straighter and crosses one leg over the other. She's wearing a powder blue sundress today and Niall doesn't miss the flash of skin with the movement. "Turn again?"

Niall raises an eyebrow at her but does as told and when he's facing her again, he's sure of it — she's looking at him with her bedroom eyes. The ones he points out from time to time after they're done and lying in bed, catching their breath. But the thing is, he's never seen them in public before.

Neha's always been a bit shy – sweet of course, but not overtly open about their sex life. It's not something that Niall minds, he likes that part of their relationship to be private. In the past, all his other relationships had been crass and his friends even worse. There was something sweet about it all, the same sweetness he associated with Neha.

"I think it looks perfect, Ni," she says finally. She blinks and finally meets his eyes, "The color suits you well.... the fit is spot on. It could be your statement suit for this year."

He'd added three more suits to his tab and this was the last one he was trying on, so she has a point. Niall puts his hands on his hips and glances down at the outfit, "Alright... I like the pants. I think I'll pass on the suit though."

The employee nods, "Okay. Since your purchase will be rather big, I'm going to throw in some new ties we received. Complimentary. Let me go dig out the box and I'll be back."

"I'll get changed," Niall says, nodding. The employee disappears, leaving them alone in the massive dressing room. "Are ya sure they look good?"

"Positive," Neha tells him, shooting him a smile.