ten

a/n: hey guys this chapter contains smut! please do not read if you are not 18 or older x

"This is why I hate coming to this fucking course," Niall spits out, shaking his head as the employee scrambles to go find them an available cart

"This is why I hate coming to this fucking course," Niall spits out, shaking his head as the employee scrambles to go find them an available cart.  He leans back against the front desk with a grunt, rolling his eyes "S'never organized."

"Mate, it's not a big deal. They're busy, yeah? It's not like we're in a rush," Liam says, eyeing him.

"Considering how much we pay for our membership here, it is a big deal Liam," Niall huffs back, crossing his arms over the white polo he's wearing. Out of habit, he reaches up to pull at his hair in frustration. He forgets he's wearing a hat though, and when his hand is blocked he grows even more irritated and rips the thing off his head.

Liam wants to tell him that his hair is all fucked up from the action, but he thinks keeping quiet is for the best. For the past two weeks, Niall's been in an absolutely awful mood. Nobody's been able to figure out why, not even his secretary at the firm who Liam found sniffling in the conference room yesterday. Something had set him off because Liam hadn't seen Niall in such a foul mood since he was in college.

"So sorry about the wait," the employee says, returning and out of breath. "We have your cart ready for you now."

Liam shoots Niall a look as he opens his mouth to no doubt give an asshole response, but once he catches his brother-in-law's steely look he shuts it. Liam hopes that once they're out on the green, Niall's second home, he'll calm down a little.

That's not the case though. To say that Niall is off his game, well, frankly would be a gross understatement. Liam watches him swing horribly hole after hole, finding it increasingly harder to keep a straight face every time Niall cusses.

When they're on the 5th hole and its Liam's turn to swing, he doesn't move. He watches as Niall moves back towards the cart and sits down on the seat with a loud thump.  When he notices that Liam is staring at him, he scowls, "Would ya go already?"

Instead, Liam walks over to the cart and puts his club back in the caddy. He leans his arm against the framing of the cart and looks down at Niall, "Alright, that's it. What the fuck is your problem?"

"You mean other than the fact that you won't play?" Niall counters, taking his sunglasses off.

"Yeah. I want to know why you've been such a dick for the past two weeks," Liam states clearly.

Niall finally meets his gaze and it makes Liam pause. There's something he's never seen in Niall's eyes before — betrayal and a glimpse of anguish too.

Liam softens his voice, "Niall, just talk to me. Is it about the shop? Something with Neha?"

The mention of her name ignites a roaring fire in Niall's features and they harden even more, his jaw clenching immediately. "No," he says. "It's not about her."