Would You Love Me More - Moxiety

Comincia dall'inizio

As Virgil made his way towards the front of the apartment, his roommate (and brother) stepped in front of him.

"Logan, c'mon. I'm going to be late for my date."

"Virgil this is not healthy." Logan crossed his arms. "You are losing who you are as a person for this boy and a relationship is not worth that."

"I'm not losing who I am."

"I've never seen you wear a polo in your life."

"Patton likes it."

Logan scoffed. "Does he like you turning into someone you're not?"

Virgil gritted his teeth. "I'm not turning into someone else. I'm just... suppressing some parts of myself. They're still there, I'm just making them quiet."

"That is incredibly bad for you."

"It's fine. what would you know about relationships anyway?"

Virgil saw the hurt in his brother's eyes, but he ignored it as he sidestepped Logan and left the apartment.

Logan frowned, staring at the front door. He pulled his phone out and dialed.

"He's still not listening."

~~~Patton~~~

Patton's closet had changed.

Once it had been too bright. Even though he loved it, he would admit that. Neon yellow hoodies, flowery button downs, wild colors and patterns.

Now it was gentle pastels, a few small blooms. Lots of soft cotton, gentle fabrics that tended to blend into a background.

Because that was what Virgil liked.

Patton's habits had changed.

It used to be eating so many cookies that he thought he was going to puke, grabbing any sweet he saw and not caring about what it was. He knew it wasn't good for him, but he would work out enough that it was a good enough trade-off in his opinion.

Now it was quiet afternoons. The occasional movie date, but usually just hanging out, talking. Sharing a (healthy) snack. Sitting in the park and watching pets run around.

Because that was what Virgil liked.

Patton forced his attitude to change.

He had always been bubbly, and he still was. He had been loud, excitable, childish. He was overly touchy, hugged a lot, cried easily. He loved to light up a room and make people smile, laugh until their sides hurt.

Now it was soft smiles, quiet giggles. Putting himself into the background, listening more than speaking. Letting others be the 'funny one' in a group.

Because that was what Virgil liked.

He stood in his bathroom, eyeing himself in the mirror.

No more wild curls. He argued them into submission every morning, until they were just soft waves.

No more rainbow glasses frames. They were simple now, dark blue. Most people assumed they were black.

No more rainbow cat shirts. He tugged at his light blue tee with a sigh.

The pants were the same. Patton had always been partial to jeans. Sometimes he wore slacks, but usually it was just this.

No more bright pink tennis shoes. Pale ones now, they used to be a similar blue to his shirt.

He had kept one goofy shirt, a gift from a family member a few years back. It was tucked in the back of his closet, the black tee spread with galaxy print and a cat riding a unicorn shooting lasers. Patton's last childish indulgence.