Chapter 1- That Could Never Happen

I run at Vanya at Luther's cue, knowing that I wouldn't be able to stop her but figuring I might as well try. This is the end of the world; we all know that. I see Five teleport and run towards Vanya with us. Why didn't he teleport behind her and knocked her out? Oh well. We come so close, but, as I predicted, we can't stop her. She angrily uses her powers to stop us, lifting us up off the ground. It's so hard to breathe. I can't breathe! My vision starts to blur, but I can see Allison walk up behind Vanya with a gun. Yes! SHOOT HER! Just shoot her! Allison looks like she's about to cry. She has to shoot her, right? As my vision starts to turn black, I see Allison move the gun next to Vanya's ear. No! Just shoot her! Allison pulls the trigger, causing Vanya to shoot a beam of power out from her before falling backward. Allison catches her. Why didn't she shoot her?

"Is she alive?" Five questions, almost sounding concerned for Vanya. Almost. Allison checks Vanya's pulse and nods. Crap. She should've shot her. I sigh, turning around to face the non-existent audience. I should bow. We just saved the world. Well, Allison did. But she couldn't have done that without me! I look up, suddenly seeing the moon... falling? Yes, the moon is falling. That can't be good.

"Uhh... guys?"

I grab Dave's dog tags, preparing for my death. I'll be there soon.

"I have a plan." Five says, clearly not accepting that it is over.

"Yeah, whatever." We all wave him off, seemingly fine with dying.

"I can jump forward in time, but with you guys this time!"

"Have you done that before?"

"No. You have to trust me." Sigh. I don't want to die, not yet. Dave, I promise I'll see you. Just... not today. We all huddle around Five, wrapping our arms around each other.

"Should we be taking Vanya with us? Isn't that like taking the bomb?"

"The apocalypse is always going to happen. Unless we fix her."

"Is Ben in?" I look back at him, and he nods.

"Yeah, he's in."

"Ok." I can see Five's face wince as he uses all of his strength to save us. The heat is so intense. We're not going to make it.... I look around, confused to see 13-year-old versions of my siblings. What...? Suddenly a large, white flash takes over my vision.

"Where are we?"

"I must have calculated wrong, sending us too fast into the future and shooting us straight into a parallel universe!" Five explains, trying to act terrified, but failing miserably.

"What?" Luther is actually terrified.

"I'm joking. There's no way that could ever happen."

BUT THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED.